Crazy Carl Sleepless in Seattle?

JDsDirtySox

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 04:38 PM)
Best of luck to Carl.

One of my favorite guys on the Sox the past few years.

My favorite Carl moment is on the MLB DVD when he tells all of the Sox doubters to shut up.

I'll second all of the above......... :)

:gosox3: :gosox1: :gosox2:

:cheers

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/spor...309_mari13.html

Sources say they can be expected to announce later this week they have reached agreement with outfielder/designated hitter Carl Everett on a contract for either one year, or one year plus a club option for 2007.

The contract was said to be unfinished Monday night, pending several matters, including successful completion of a team physical. Larry Reynolds, Everett's agent, declined to confirm the near settlement Monday night, saying, "Nothing's done yet."

However, the sides reportedly have finalized most financial issues, with Everett seemingly to make between $3 million and $3.5 million in 2006.

Mariners signed outfielder-designated hitter Carl Everett, who had been with the White Sox, to a one-year deal with a club option for 2007.

Everett will be the Mariners' primary DH, putting Raul Ibanez back in left field. Considering that he's 35 and has posted OPSs of 721 and 746 the last two years, we don't like his chances of being of much help to the Mariners. 15 of his 23 home runs last year came in the AL's best park for homers, and he's no longer good enough to justify a lineup spot against lefties.