Perfect Fit?

rowand's rowdies

QUOTE(rowand's rowdies @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 07:53 PM)
I have found a possible fit for the CF job.

Kenny Lofton. One year deal likely between 2-3 mil. He would take less playing time, worked out well with us before, and would allow anderson or owens to get some time. then get rid of timo so we can have 2 of the owens,anderson,sweeney, young group up.

Only Anderson should be up out of that group right now.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
Will someone please remind people that we already have our starting CF in house next year?  One of the rookies is going to get a shot, I just can't see KW giving up any value for anyone when cheap and decent options already exist in house

Agreed. KW has said so more than once. The Sox think they have an abundance of young talent for the OF. They're right.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 11:19 PM)
No thanks.  Brian Anderson is gonna be our cf.  People need to let it go.

Im wondering why people are still clamoring around looking for a CF'er, now to the point of bringing up probably one of the WORST options out there for this team.

We have some of the best minor league OF talent in the MLB. Anderson was KW's first round pick in 2003 and he has been crazy about him. We have been waiting to plug some of this talent in our lineup and see what happens, but year after year we have traded our top picks away. I think its time to see what our system can produce. Seattle seems to think that our system produces some pretty good players, why dont we find out for ourselves.

-end

Im wondering why people are still clamoring around looking for a CF'er, now to the point of bringing up probably one of the WORST options out there for this team.

We have some of the best minor league OF talent in the MLB.  Anderson was KW's first round pick in 2003 and he has been crazy about him.  We have been waiting to plug some of this talent in our lineup and see what happens, but year after year we have traded our top picks away.  I think its time to see what our system can produce.  Seattle seems to think that our system produces some pretty good players, why dont we find out for ourselves.

-end

I agree with most of this.. Exepct that KW was also High on Bochard, and would not give him up.. ANd now we see what we got out of him.. I want to see what anderson can do, I have stated since when I started being a middle market team we need a farm system that produces home grown talent we can use. I have a feeling Anderson is going to do fairly well, not great and not "Ortonlike" The good thing is that we can see if anderson does well.. If not KW will correct that mistake by end of June.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 11:03 AM)
I agree with most of this.. Exepct that KW was also High on Bochard, and would not give him up.. ANd now we see what we got out of him.. I want to see what anderson can do, I have stated since when I started being a middle market team we need a farm system that produces home grown talent we can use. I have a feeling Anderson is going to do fairly well, not great and not "Ortonlike" The good thing is that we can see if anderson does well.. If not KW will correct that mistake by end of June.

I'm with you if we can't develop talent in our minor league system and use it we'll perish. Anderson will need some work but the other 24 can pick him up for a while as I remember the one game in Seattle where he hit the 2 home runs he picked us up.

That makes no sense at all. You are passing up Pierre because you want to give Owens or Anderson a chance .. yet now you are going to sit them down for a 40 yr old?

Fughedabutit! If it's not Anderson/Owens (they will compete in ST for the job) then it will be a proven SB threat who can play in the OF. The White Sox are not against moving Pods to CF in order to add more speed to the team.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 05:19 AM)
No thanks.  Brian Anderson is gonna be our cf.  People need to let it go.

Exactly. I let it go once Pierre was traded to the Cubs. BA is our CFer. The only move KW will make is a utiluty INFer. I know its boring, but our team just won the world series after all. ;)

QUOTE(rowand's rowdies @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 08:53 PM)
I have found a possible fit for the CF job.

Kenny Lofton. One year deal likely between 2-3 mil. He would take less playing time, worked out well with us before, and would allow anderson or owens to get some time. then get rid of timo so we can have 2 of the owens,anderson,sweeney, young group up.

Been there done that hell no!

speaking of Lofton. Is it me or does KW have an infacuation with veteran former Indians?

We've had: Sandy Alomar, Roberto Alomar, Bartolo Colon, Kenny Lofton, almost had Omar Vizquel, Albert Belle (although not from KW) and now Jim Thome. Thats 2/3rds of there 1996 World Series team. Geeze!

It's to bad things wouldn't work with Lofton. I think he would be a good replacement for Timo as a fourth outfielder and insurance in case the rookies fall flat. Bernie Williams would be another option but I can't see that happening. If we are going with Anderson in CF I really beleive that we need someone to replace Timo as the back up.