Most Overrated Songs

Texsox

Can't say I disagree about Imagine.

Far from my favorite Lennon song - it's lauded up as an amazing piece of songwriting when it reality, it's oversimplistic, poorly produced and lyircally far from his best.

I'd also have to put Hotel California up there. "Boys of Summer" by Don Henley as well.

5. "Pour Some Sugar On Me" - Def Leppard

In an age of overrated songs 'Pour Some Sugar On Me' rose to the occasion. Has anyone listened to the lyrics? "Mirror queen, mannequin, rhythm of love.. Do you take sugar? one lump or two?"

Kind of hard to attack the lyrics. Leppard said, and especially said it at this time, that they had chosen to stop trying to do lyrics that made sense for many of their songs. They decided to use the vocals much like instruments, and just string things together that would sound good with each other. So in those regards, they did a great job. Songs like "Armageddon It", whereas they make no sense at all, have a certain ability to stick in your head, even the words.

Born to Run? :lolhitting

The comments are that, first, she never liked Springsteen's whole style of music anyway, second, that he's trying to say too much ('breathless lyrics'), and third, that he has nothing to say. Umm...

Controversial choices are nice, but putting BtR in the same list as Wonderwall and Hey Ya, ya, okay, lady.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 06:43 PM)
I haven't even heard them.

but can't you tell from the review its bulls***

(not actual quotes)

they are overrated because they made a lot of records and i don't like them so i'm just getting back at my ex-boyfriend who used to like them and i don't even talk about the song but bahhh

/rant

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 06:46 PM)
Imagine all the people,

sniffing airplane glueooooooo

Kevhead version. I can't remember the rest of the lyrics. I remember laughing the first time I heard it.

Wonder if anyone remembers this... Wasn't it KM that did "Bill Cartwright Sings Christmas" a while back? I laughed my ass off at that bit.