Murtha: another $100 billion for Iraq

Balta1701

According to Congressman Murtha, who was giving the Democratic Response to the President's speech yesterday at CFR, the Administration is going to need another $100 billion supplemental next year to continue funding the Iraq war.

MURTHA: Twenty years it's going to take to settle this thing. The American people is not going to put up with it; can't afford it. We have spent $277 billion. That's what's been appropriated for this operation. We have $50 billion sitting on the table right now in our supplemental, or bridge fund we call it, in the Appropriations Committee. They're going to ask for another $100 billion next year [...]

QUESTION: Can we come back to the $100 billion? You said that you expect the military to ask for $100 billion. Where are you getting that figure?

MURTHA: Where I get all my figures: the military.

Congressman Murtha is the Ranking Democrat on the House Appropriations Subcommittee.

If I've done the math right...that will bring the total spend to about $15,000 per Iraqi.

Edited by Balta1701