Way to go Sox Fans!

CanOfCorn

Just a perspective from an area where you'll hear alot of Cardinal info, I think Sox ownership and front office currently stacks up better than this survey shows. Where the Sox stepped up and added a year to Konerko's contract when it became evident they had to in order to keep him, St Louis did not on Burnette and let him get away to Toronto. Players coming to st Louis are expected to sign for less because its 'such a good environment'. Cardinals are raking in money but not as willing to spend it.. Way to go Kenny and Jerry :bringit

QUOTE(sox84 @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 05:27 PM)
Just a perspective from an area where you'll hear alot of Cardinal info, I think Sox ownership and front office currently stacks up better than this survey shows. Where the Sox stepped up and added a year to Konerko's contract when it became evident they had to in order to keep him, St Louis did not on Burnette and let him get away to Toronto. Players coming to st Louis are expected to sign for less because its 'such a good environment'. Cardinals are raking in money but not as willing to spend it.. Way to go Kenny and Jerry :bringit

With Burnette's history of injuries, I wouldn't have added the extra year either. Toronto will regret that deal, not the money per year but the length of the deal.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 06:46 PM)
With Burnette's history of injuries, I wouldn't have added the extra year either. Toronto will regret that deal, not the money per year but the length of the deal.

Your make a good point there on Burnette, my main plug for the Sox is that they are flexible enough to address a particular contract issue when necessary, St Louis would not budge on a contract once it gets above their preset parameters even if there wasnt a history of injuries.

QUOTE(TimoandAaron @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
how do the Giants have a better stadium then the Jets?

The Giants have a better stadium experience than the Jets. It makes sense. For example, if there were only one baseball stadium in town and it was called "White Sox Park", do you think you'd have more fun there as a White Sox fan, or as a Cubs fan?