sun times column

cwsox

I have read this paragraph a number of times and it still makes no sense to me. Is Walker a KW guy or a JM guy?

"If you're keeping score at home, this means Gary Ward, Manuel's good friend, is out and Greg Walker, Williams' guy from Class AAA Charlotte, is in. (And Walt Hriniak is still available by telephone, whenever Frank Thomas needs him.) And, according to Manuel, there was no second choice. Not Harold Baines, not anyone else. Walker, a former Sox first baseman, was Manuel's guy."

And I thought Ward was a KW guy and one of his clubhouse spies.

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Slezak column

I have read this paragraph a number of times and it still makes no sense to me.  Is Walker a KW guy or a JM guy?

"If you're keeping score at home, this means Gary Ward, Manuel's good friend, is out and Greg Walker, Williams' guy from Class AAA Charlotte, is in. (And Walt Hriniak is still available by telephone, whenever Frank Thomas needs him.) And, according to Manuel, there was no second choice. Not Harold Baines, not anyone else. Walker, a former Sox first baseman, was Manuel's guy."

:huh:  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

Slezak column

Ward is/was KW's guy. I think she's a bit confused.

Like I said before editing is a lost art in American journalism. The thing is the Sun Times used to have such great sportswriters once upon a time. Jerome Holtzman, Edgar Munzel, Jack Griffin among others.

Speaking of Holtzman did anyone see that he either had a stroke or heart attack and is in the hospital recovering?

I have read this paragraph a number of times and it still makes no sense to me.  Is Walker a KW guy or a JM guy?

Slezak column

After the Parque article I put Slezak as one of the worst sports reporters in this town and there are plenty of bad ones. The Times seems to be trying to give the Sox as bad a publicity write as possible. Case in point, cubs being road weary after 4 in Milwaukee and 4 in St. Louis. This are not very far travels. This paper blows.

Slezak is completly clueless. She should go to the society papers or write for the Onion. That was what I thought of when I read a full article about Parque having pitched 6 good innings.

Slezak column

Yo Bmr! Comments? :bringit