ESPN blooper moment

I dont know if any of you are watching ESPNews right now, but Linda Cohn was just interviewing a guy who wrote a book of the Top 50 darkhorse moments in Sports. The poor guy who is getting interviewed got a frog in his throat about halfway through the interview, and couldnt stop coughing for the rest of the interview. I felt really bad for the guy, but it was really funny.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
Did anyone else watch the SC on Sunday night, where Berman botched the plays of the week and said "I need to run that again."  And they went to a commercial and came back and tried doing it again, and he did totally different catch phrases  :bang

I saw that

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
Did anyone else watch the SC on Sunday night, where Berman botched the plays of the week and said "I need to run that again."  And they went to a commercial and came back and tried doing it again, and he did totally different catch phrases  :bang

I saw that too. It was really bad. I didnt really think about it until you just said it. The strangest thing was that he botched the first read, then they went to commercial(after he said he was gonna do it again, and then after a black screen), ESPN then ran 2 other segments, and then Berman took another crack at it. It was as if Berman said to them "Lets run something else for a few segments so they forget about that."

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
I saw that too.  It was really bad.  I didnt really think about it until you just said it.  The strangest thing was that he botched the first read, then they went to commercial(after he said he was gonna do it again, and then after a black screen), ESPN then ran 2 other segments, and then Berman took another crack at it.  It was as if Berman said to them "Lets run something else for a few segments so they forget about that."

I'm pretty sure that it was a pretaped segment and the director messed up the final edit and left an earlier take on the front of the tape. I may be wrong, but that is what I assumed happened, I hate Berman and his stupid catch phrases and noises, but I will assume that if he screwed up he would just roll with it if it was live