Grossman Upgraded to 2nd string

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how are you so quick to dismiss Rex?

Because Orton has played 12 and posted a 100+ QB rating in a few of them. Not to mention had his best game in our 2 biggest games of the season (Lions Wk 2 and Carolina wk... something I forget.)

Even if Kyle had played 5, I say I revert to the way they played in College and Orton was better than Grossman there.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 09:14 PM)
OK.  Grossman lovers, theres some points you need to realize:

1.  Who will Rex throw to?

Muhammad?  OK, he's a viable target, but other than that, not one of our WR's would be on an NFL roster except maybe Gage because he has decent potential to be a solid #4 on a team with a good QB.  And if you really want deep ball in december to a WR who after being reintroduced to the cold has dropped more balls in the past 3 weeks than the past 3 years at Carolina you have got to be kidding me.  None of our TE's belong in the NFL, not one.

Really, only 1 Reciever on our team is worth having.. Muhammad.  And if you want to rely on Thomas Jones to be a major recieving threat, youre f***ing with our ability to do something in the playoffs because he can easily get hurt.

2.  When Rex goes down, How does Orton react?

OK, you bench Orton (which is pretty severe jackassery after he's been the starting QB for a team thats winning 8 in a row) and your lord and savior Rex comes in, lobs a gorgeous deep ball but is in the process is blindsided by say... (OK theres no good OLB's or DE's on the Steelers, but for the sake of argument we'll say Jason Gild-I mean Joey Porter) Porter.  Next thing you know he's on a cart and isnt coming back.

Ohhh Kyle... remember when we benched you after you won 8 in a row?  Yea.  Were sorry, go play your heart out kid.  Good Luck.

3.  Is Grossman Actually Better?

This is going to be short and sweet:

Why does everyone think Rex Grossman is better than Kyle Orton?

BTW -- saying you cannot do worse than Orton isnt true, because last year Quinn and Krenzel were worse.. so that answer is void.

Mike McMahon and Koy Detmer are much worse.

Actually his rating has been over 90 one time.

Touche.

But to say he didnt have his best game of the year against Carolina (68.8) would be foolish.

That said, I dont really like the QB rating, but I try to manipulate it. I read something about how it works and it's kind of crude.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
Touche.

But to say he didnt have his best game of the year against Carolina (68.8) would be foolish.

That said, I dont really like the QB rating, but I try to manipulate it.  I read something about how it works and it's kind of crude.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
:drink  Stick to the White Sox.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
Inferring QB Ratings by watching the games and not knowing when a player was drafted are two very different things.

If the "Big Improvement in our Recieving Corps" didnt drop everything that touched his hands Orton could've had 3 TD's.

It goes both ways, if Orton didn't sail a pass way the f*** over Gabe Reid's head he woulda had another TD...from three yards out no less...

It goes both ways, if Orton didn't sail a pass way the f*** over Gabe Reid's head he woulda had another TD...from three yards out no less...

If we had a halfway decent TE *cough*Vernon Davis/Leonard Pope/Marcedes Lewis*cough* Orton wouldnt have to worry that much about how high the ball was in most situations.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
If we had a halfway decent TE *cough*Vernon Davis/Leonard Pope/Marcedes Lewis*cough*  Orton wouldnt have to worry that much about how high the ball was in most situations.

C'mon now...he almost threw that ball through the f***in goalposts.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 09:39 PM)
Because Orton has played 12 and posted a 100+ QB rating in a few of them.  Not to mention had his best game in our 2 biggest games of the season (Lions Wk 2 and Carolina wk... something I forget.)

Even if Kyle had played 5, I say I revert to the way they played in College and Orton was better than Grossman there.

He had a good Browns game in which the defense lost that game for him. He also threw for over 200 yds against the Lions. He has had an 80 or better QB rating 4 times this season. A 103.3 game against the Lions in week 2. Grossman has had a rating of 90 or more twice. And the rest are bad. Also this stat is something you grossman lovers will find interesting:

Orton's QB Rating for the following:

4th Q: +/- 3 pts- 84.0

4th Q: +/- 7 pts- 71.6

Last 2 min. of half- 97.2

Grossman's QB's Rating for the following:

4th Q: +/- 3 pts- 39.6

4th Q: +/- 7 pts- 39.6

Last 2 min. of half- 39.6

Those numbers have to say something.

C'mon now...he almost threw that ball through the f***in goalposts.

My point is Orton would be able to relax and just lob it up there if a 6'7 Freak of Nature (Pope) would easily make any NFL Defender his b****.

When QB's are forced to make perfect passess to mediocre players.. they overthrow or screw it up. A great way to make a rookie QB relax is give him good WRs (like RandleEl, Burress and Ward).

He had a good Browns game in which the defense lost that game for him.  He also threw for over 200 yds against the Lions.  He has had an 80 or better QB rating 4 times this season.  A 103.3 game against the Lions in week 2.  Grossman has had a rating of 90 or more twice.  And the rest are bad.  Also this stat is something you grossman lovers will find interesting:

Orton's QB Rating for the following:

4th Q: +/- 3 pts- 84.0

4th Q: +/- 7 pts- 71.6

Last 2 min. of half- 97.2

Grossman's QB's Rating for the following:

4th Q: +/- 3 pts- 39.6

4th Q: +/- 7 pts- 39.6

Last 2 min. of half- 39.6

Those numbers have to say something.

This year is the 1st time when the Bears have actually been in a game in the 4th Quarter that had meaning. Thats what it says. :D

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
If we had a halfway decent TE *cough*Vernon Davis/Leonard Pope/Marcedes Lewis*cough*  Orton wouldnt have to worry that much about how high the ball was in most situations.

Leonard Pope is a stud TE. He might fall to the 2nd round though. I say you take Avant and Pope. He reminds me a lot like Crumpler from Atlanta.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 09:57 PM)
No. No.  No.  HAHAHA.

How does a defense lose a game in which a offense scores 10 points against the Cleveland Browns?

they gave up 2 FOURTH QUARTER TOUCHDOWNS! The Defense lost that game for them. Look at the facts before you say that stuff. When a team gives up 2 fourth quarter touchdown passes with the other teams BEST Wide Receiver out (Braylon Edwards) than i would say the defense lost that game. Orton had a pretty good game.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 10:01 PM)
Look at the facts before you say that stuff.

Facts like 4.5 yards per attempt?

Or maybe a s***ty s***ty 4th quarter drive which set up good field position for the 2nd TD?

Maybe the defense wouldn't be in such a position if the offense could maybe muster up more than 10 f***ing points? Sorry I won't ask so much from baby Kyle.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 09:57 PM)
This year is the 1st time when the Bears have actually been in a game in the 4th Quarter that had meaning.  Thats what it says.  :D

But I thought that the great Rex Grossman was supposed to lead this team to victory when he got onto the field. Going by what people say about him on this board you would think he is God's gift to Quarterback