Grossman Upgraded to 2nd string

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
Facts like 4.5 yards per attempt?

Or maybe a s***ty s***ty 4th quarter drive which set up good field position for the 2nd TD?

Maybe the defense wouldn't be in such a position if the offense could maybe muster up more than 10 f***ing points?  Sorry I won't ask so much from baby Kyle.

Kyle Orton had a good game that day. Don't blame that one on Orton.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
Kyle Orton had a good game that day.  Don't blame that one on Orton.

See that is the f***ing problem. Your standards are so f***ing low it's absurd. If he threw 10-25 for 100 yards with 0 TD and 0 INT it would be a good game to you.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 10:07 PM)
See that is the f***ing problem.  Your standards are so f***ing low it's absurd.  If he threw 10-25 for 100 yards with 0 TD and 0 INT it would be a good game to you.

16 26 117 61.5 4.50 22 1 0 4.0 84.9 3 14 4.7 15 0

Maybe if he was able to open it up and go downfield more he would throw for more yards.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)
Maybe if he was able to open it up and go downfield more he would throw for more yards.

You do notice that Orton throws the s***tiest deep ball in the NFL. If you don't you aren't watching close enough.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 11:06 PM)
Kyle Orton had a good game that day.  Don't blame that one on Orton.

I want the Bears to win as much as you do Josh. But you are clinging to minute shreds of evidence that Orton deserves to remain quarterback of the Bears, and trying to rationalize to yourself that Grossman is bad, not injury-prone. If Grossman is healthy, he needs to play. I fought tooth and nail to believe that Orton was more than a mere rookie, but he isnt. That doesnt mean that I think that Orton is going to be the next Krenzel, because I think Orton is going to have some success in the NFL, but I also think that he is going to need the 3 year learning curve that is commonly associated with quarterbacks.

You want the Bears to win, right?

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 10:07 PM)
See that is the f***ing problem.  Your standards are so f***ing low it's absurd.  If he threw 10-25 for 100 yards with 0 TD and 0 INT it would be a good game to you.

Exactly. I guess it's gonna take getting knocked out of the first round before the Orton jockers admit he sucks. And make no mistake about it, without better play from the qb, we will get knocked out the first round. And it would be an absolute tragedy to waste one of the top 3 or 4 defenses in the last 20 years or so because of s***ty qb.

Edited by Jordan4life_2005

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 03:05 PM)
But I thought that the great Rex Grossman was supposed to lead this team to victory when he got onto the field.  Going by what people say about him on this board you would think he is God's gift to Quarterback

Once again you are putting words in the mouth of those who do not think Kyle Orton should be the QB of the Chicago Bears.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 03:05 PM)
He also threw for over 200 yds against the Lions. He has had an 80 or better QB rating 4 times this season. A 103.3 game against the Lions in week 2. Grossman has had a rating of 90 or more twice.

So that's 1 200YD game in 13 weeks. He also has a QB rating below 61 in 6 out of the 13 weeks, and in 4 of the last 5. So I'm sure opposing defenses are shaking in their boots. The Orton vs. Cleveland game, passing for 117 yards without a TD and getting an INT and sacked 4 times is good? Ok then.

Using the Grossman will suck because of his past record is blaphesmy. Did Rex Grossman have a defense that was this good? No. Did Rex Grossman have a running game that was this good? No. Did Rex Grossman have an Offensive Line that was this good? No. And yet his QB rating is more than 10 points higher in his career, then one Kyle Orton.

The argument is simple. Yes Orton is a rookie, and yes surely he will get better. But the Bears amazingly have a real chance to do something in the NFL this season. You don't get a defense that is this good for a long, long time. It'll be a shame when the Bears can't rely on them when they actually face an elite offense in the playoffs, and they forced to ride on the shoulders on Kyle Orton, who as we have seen lately, will not be able to get the job done.

Stupidest move we could make is to create a total controversy when its just about a playoff team. You guys are fools to think this offense is going to score a bunch with Grossman.

I'm all about QB competition, but it isn't going to start till the off-season (barring injury).

Orton had zero to do with this game and he's not going to win us games, he'll lose us games (we don't ask him to win us games). He didn't lose us this game.

Now if Orton threw 4 picks I'd say something different, but the defense was the ones that played like total s***. The offense wasn't grand, but it doesn't have the players to be grand.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
Now if Orton threw 4 picks I'd say something different, but the defense was the ones that played like total s***.  The offense wasn't grand, but it doesn't have the players to be grand.

Actually minus Orton the players on this offense have the makings of a good offense.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
Actually minus Orton the players on this offense have the makings of a good offense.

LOL, maybe in a year. You guys are blind and somehow think Rex is going to turn this into a 25 point per game offense.

I'm not saying there isn't a chance Rex comes in and does better. I just think the consequences of this move having a negative effect (on Orton and Rex) are greater than this actually being a meaningful move this year.

And I am in general a conservative person and it would be seen in my coaching and my thought of a game. I'm a patient individual who doesn't like being forced into anything. Its reasons like that that I didn't panick when this team lost to Cleveland and everyone on this board was going nuts talking about how s***ty we were.

Well I was right, we weren't that bad and I was also right when I said we weren't near as good as some of you all were saying we are.

We just got clocked by a team, that when healthy (and they were pretty healthy today) is one of the best teams in the NFL and would be battling the Seahawks for top dog in the NFC (if they were in the NFC).

The defense played horrid and the offense found themselves in an early hole. To make matters worse it was freaking horrid conditions (snow) which is bad when you are down by more than 2 scores. You are dropping back and putting the teams back on a rookie QB (we won't win this way) in horrid conditions, when you can't run. Teams will be able to blitz all day and drop back into coverage and hope you turn the ball over.

Orton really didn't throw any ill advised balls today and made some really nice throws. Quietly he had one of his best games of the year (regardless of completion % because given this conditions and the fact that they were throwing the ball down field, you weren't going to see a high completion %). He didn't get enough TD's but he made quite a few big time throws. We were in an impossible position, trying to come back against a team that was playing very good with a rookie Qb in a snow storm.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
All those with Orton woodies will come out now and say how awesome he was leading us to 9 points!!  It's the defenses fault we lost!! Yeah, that's it!!

Ugh.

Who has an Orton woodie. No one is calling him great, but people are blind if they say he's at fault for this loss. The defense played like s***.

I'm going to say that anyone that points at this game as the reason why Orton should be benched as being an idiot with zero football sense.

When you play a good team, and your QB hits under 50 percent of his passes and leads the team to 9 points....your probably going to lose. Regardless of what the defense does (and they didn't play well). The defense has NOTHING to do with how f***ing awful Orton is, just like when we were winning, it didn't change the fact that Orton sucks.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
LOL, maybe in a year.  You guys are blind and somehow think Rex is going to turn this into a 25 point per game offense.

Yeah it's not like we have an elite WR, a 1000 yard rusher or a more than solid offensive line or anything...

What point are you trying to make by saying you were right this team wasn't bad? I was here all offseason defnding this team tirelessly.