Grossman Upgraded to 2nd string

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
if you are gonna quote me at least quote me right dude.

I'll give u the opportunity right now to drop the personal attack. Simply say thats not the proper quote. No need to call him a moron. We've had some good debate and thoughts in this thread as of late.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 05:27 PM)
I'll give u the opportunity right now to drop the personal attack.  Simply say thats not the proper quote.  No need to call him a moron.  We've had some good debate and thoughts in this thread as of late.

i just did. I would like to not be personally attacked everytime i have a thought. Look about the Grossman thing If i thought that he was actually so much better than Orton than i would agree with all the Grossman fans however he isn't. Neither is a great QB but Grossman isn't a real uprgrade over Orton.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
i just did.  I would like to not be personally attacked everytime i have a thought.  Look about the Grossman thing If i thought that he was actually so much better than Orton than i would agree with all the Grossman fans however he isn't.  Neither is a great QB but Grossman isn't a real uprgrade over Orton.

Let the toughness be your motivation to A get smarter (if you are wrong) or B prove people that you are right (maybe what you say is right and over the long haul you end up being right more often than you are wrong). One or the other can and should happen.

I think you'll learn a lot and the key is to listen to what others say in a debate. Hell, I am closed minded but absolutely love debate and there are some people on this site that you end up learning a whole lot from when you shoot back different ideas. A lot of the times it results in you and the person directly involved in the debate learning something, but it can often result in others that are reading to learn stuff to.

So make sure you read and try to see where other people are coming from. Keep learning and eventually you may earn some respect.

Hell, I was the buffoon that said UCLA would give the Trojans a run for there money. Luckily I got SNB to make even worse predictions than me, lol.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)
Let the toughness be your motivation to A get smarter (if you are wrong) or B prove people that you are right (maybe what you say is right and over the long haul you end up being right more often than you are wrong).  One or the other can and should happen. 

I think you'll learn a lot and the key is to listen to what others say in a debate.  Hell, I am closed minded but absolutely love debate and there are some people on this site that you end up learning a whole lot from when you shoot back different ideas.  A lot of the times it results in you and the person directly involved in the debate learning something, but it can often result in others that are reading to learn stuff to. 

So make sure you read and try to see where other people are coming from.  Keep learning and eventually you may earn some respect.

Hell, I was the buffoon that said UCLA would give the Trojans a run for there money.  Luckily I got SNB to make even worse predictions than me, lol.

i said that to. I thought that UCLA would beat USC. Thanks for the help.

Personally, I think they both suck...

Lesser of two evils and choose your poison come to mind when choosing between the mediocre rookie QB and the oft-injured sexy rexy.

I just ask everyone why does it matter so much who is in the game? When you have the worst QB rating in the NFL who cares who is behind center...its a simple equation.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 12, 2005 -> 09:58 AM)
Orton had a good game. The Offensive line was awful and the Receivers didn't help either. He went out and threw for 207 yards and no interceptions. Was he perfect? No, but this should've been good enough to win. The Defense crapped their pants today.

So 9 points is good enough to win a lot of football games now? Tell me on how many teams in the NFL would 9 points be enough to win consistently in the NFL.

So now one week he throws for 69 yards, and now 207. But did it make a difference? No, in fact they scored more when he threw for 69 yards.

In the playoffs, are you going to win by scoring in single digits? No, you're not. And that's why the Bears need to make this switch, but after today, it probably won't happen, and as a Cowboys fan, I do hope we play you guys in the playoffs with Orton behind center. :D

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 12, 2005 -> 07:25 AM)
So 9 points is good enough to win a lot of football games now? Tell me on how many teams in the NFL would 9 points be enough to win consistently in the NFL.

So now one week he throws for 69 yards, and now 207. But did it make a difference? No, in fact they scored more when he threw for 69 yards.

In the playoffs, are you going to win by scoring in single digits? No, you're not. And that's why the Bears need to make this switch, but after today, it probably won't happen, and as a Cowboys fan, I do hope we play you guys in the playoffs with Orton behind center.  :D

Maybe you should worry about making the playoffs at all b4 you start to worry about who your playing :P

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 12, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
Maybe you should worry about making the playoffs at all b4 you start to worry about who your playing  :P

Yeah it's getting pretty tight up there, but today's win was huge and most importantly, our O-Line was a lot better.

But a couple of teams are going to miss out, but at least the NFC has actually been a lot more comptetitive this season.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 12, 2005 -> 01:49 AM)
Yeah it's getting pretty tight up there, but today's win was huge and most importantly, our O-Line was a lot better.

But a couple of teams are going to miss out, but at least the NFC has actually been a lot more comptetitive this season.

Unfortunately the NFC is competing about 2 levels down from the AFC. Whoever comes out of the AFC ( Im hoping against hope that Cincy can knock off Indy in the playoffs ) is going to make short work of their NFC opponent in the playoffs.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Dec 12, 2005 -> 08:09 AM)
Unfortunately the NFC is competing about 2 levels down from the AFC.  Whoever comes out of the AFC ( Im hoping against hope that Cincy can knock off Indy in the playoffs ) is going to make short work of their NFC opponent in the playoffs.

Unless its the Colts who if you havent noticed have dominated the AFC too the SuperBowl will be a good game. Really besides them who in the AFC is so great that they would dominate the NFC?

Chargers?? Well they got talent but they also have so many mental breakdowns it seems and lose games they should win...

Broncos??? They are good but they arent great... Hell inside on turf I think a team like Seattle could beat them pretty bad....

Cincy??? They are basicly the Colts of years past... run defense is horrible and pass defense isnt good either. They will create turnovers but against Seattle/Atlanta/Carolina Id consider the NFC team better... and I still think Dallas/Chicago/Vikings could beat them as well.

Jags??? They are good and prob would look even better in a different division w/out playing the Colts twice.... but with Leftwich either making his 1st start back or not even starting they are probably out the 1st round.

Steelers??? They sure beat the Bears today but they arent going to blow out any team really...

Patriots??? They would be outside looking in on any division outside of the 1 they are in.... I think they could be scary in the playoffs but are far from a powerhouse.