Soriano traded to the Nats

JDsDirtySox

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 08:55 AM)
I see someone alluded to it... the BIG scuttlebutt here in Dallas is that the Rangers dumped Soriano to make a genuine run at Clemens.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they put an offer on the table and just let it sit there...but the reality is, dumping Soriano and getting at least 1 pitcher is something the Rangers have needed to do for well over a year. I'm not sure this deal qualifies, but it's at least a start.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 10:55 AM)
I see someone alluded to it... the BIG scuttlebutt here in Dallas is that the Rangers dumped Soriano to make a genuine run at Clemens.

The Rangers need to start BUILDING a pitching staff. Not slap a band-aid over the gaping wound they now call a staff. They are more concerned about putting butts in seats than they are about winning.

Well this is good....... :bang

Alfonso Soriano said he has no intention of playing outfield for the Nationals. "I'm going to play second base," Soriano said.

"I don't think they want me to play the outfield," he said. "I think that if they traded for me, it's to play second base. Obviously I have the control. Of course I'm not going to play the outfield." It looks like the Nationals are going to have serious issues if Jose Vidro is healthy enough to start. They could trade Nick Johnson and try Vidro at first base. Vidro's legs probably wouldn't allow him to play left field. Moving Soriano on to another team could be a possibility if nothing can be worked out. Even if he gets to play second base, Soriano will be less than thrilled to go from a top hitter's park to a top pitcher's park in his contract year. Dec. 9 - 3:28 am et

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 08:54 AM)
The more I read - the more I'm glad Alfonso Sorryass Soriano (A.S.S) is gone.  f***wad.  Play where-ever you can to help your team win.  Oh wait, it's aaaaaaaaaaall about meeeeeeee... (come on, won't you sing along...) aaaaaalllll about meeeeee...

You know what the best theory I've heard about the reasons why he only wants to play 2nd? Because there are so few other "Big bats" who play 2nd base. Jeff Kent is the all time HR leader for 2nd basemen, so it wouldn't be hard at all for him to become the all time HR leader as a 2nd baseman. He also is almost always a guaranteed All-star starter at 2nd base, which probably helps either his contract or him while negotiating his next contract.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 10:54 AM)
The more I read - the more I'm glad Alfonso Sorryass Soriano (A.S.S) is gone.  f***wad.  Play where-ever you can to help your team win.  Oh wait, it's aaaaaaaaaaall about meeeeeeee... (come on, won't you sing along...) aaaaaalllll about meeeeee...

Which is exactly why I didn't want the Sox to get this guy when it broached around here at the trade deadline.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
So basically Alex Rodriguez was traded for these chumps?

Just goes to show that sometimes it does not take a lot to get a stud player especially if the stud player gets paid lots of $$$ (which is typically the case)

Soriano isn't a stud player, and if you think he is, just wait until you see the complete s*** numbers he'll put up next year in RFK.

QUOTE(Felix @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)
Soriano isn't a stud player, and if you think he is, just wait until you see the complete s*** numbers he'll put up next year in RFK.

30 HR/30 SB is pretty studlike to me....Although he doesnt really put forth in effort unless the team is good or he has some personnel goal.

That being said this is his contract year so he might have a really big year :bang

If Soriano were to move to the OF, especially in Washington, his numbers won't be anything but slightly above league average. This is his contract year. He knows that his value is at 2B. Soriano is a product of Arlington. His average and OBP are terrible. He's going to have a lot of trouble this year.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 12, 2005 -> 03:53 AM)
30 HR/30 SB is pretty studlike to me....Although he doesnt really put forth in effort unless the team is good or he has some personnel goal.

That being said this is his contract year so he might have a really big year  :bang

Look at his home/away splits. He sucks anywhere outside of TBIA. Thats not being a stud player..