Another Trade?!?!?!

CWSGuy406

Anyone seeing a link anywhere? I see it up at BTF with no link...

This is the link I saw in the threads there... Apparently, it's not done. Can someone edit the title to 'possible trade' or something of the sorts?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...BNStory/Sports/

Edited by CWSGuy406

Wow, good deal for the Blue Jays, imo. Technically its a fair deal for each team, but I'm just not a Hilly fan (even though he puts up good numbers last year). However Lyle is cheaper and >>> than Hilly and I don't get why the Brewcrew would be interested in this move.

Bush will be a starter for them, but I don't think he has middle to front of the rotation stuff (just my 2 cents).

I like this deal from the Jays perspective. They get some pop in the lineup and give up a guy that was coming off a career year (Hilly) and a solid young pitcher.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
Will the Brewers use Fielder at first and then use Shea at third? I agree, nice move by the Jays

Thats my guess. I understand this move in a sense cause the Brewers wanted to open up a position for Fielder and Overbay is relatively close to breaking the bank (in terms of becoming a FA) but Hilly is a poor defensive player (especially at 3rd).

He is a solid player though, but I just never liked him. Statistically Hilly and Overbay were similar and Bush was a solid young starter in the AL (nothing special).

Alrighty, let's switch up some names here.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5148464

The Blue Jays moved to address their offense Wednesday night, acquiring first baseman Lyle Overbay and a prospect from the Brewers in exchange for right-hander David Bush, outfielder Gabe Gross and Class AAA left-hander Zach Jackson, FOXsports.com has learned.

I'm wondering what Toronto is going to do with all it's 3B/1B types -- Hinske, Koskie, Overbay... Am I missing someone?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)
Alrighty, let's switch up some names here.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5148464

I'm wondering what Toronto is going to do with all it's 3B/1B types -- Hinske, Koskie, Overbay...  Am I missing someone?

My guess is one will DH and the other will be on the way out. Koskie is an obvious starter at 3rd if he's healthy while Hilly would be the obvious DH, imo. I'd say Hinske is the odd man out and I don't know what his status is, but I doubt he has that great of trade value.

I like this deal from both sides perspective now. Zach Jackson is a really solid left handed pitching prospect. Pitched for The aggies, IIRC, and is a former 1st round pick (or supplemental). The Sox were pretty high on this kid as well and drafted him out of high school.

Didn't have the greatest numbers in the minors but is near MLB ready. They are getting themselves a good minor league arm, a 4th or 5th starter right now (Bush) and Gabe Gross (talented, but has never lived up to the hype). Not bad for the Brewers and still solid for the Jays cause they got themselves a good bat.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 09:15 PM)
I guess those rumors that the Jays denied Overbay for McGowan weren't true then...:lol:

And I respectully disagree with Jason, I like this deal for the Brewers and I think Bush is gonna be a good one.

After seeing that they were getting Jackson and Bush, plus opening up a spot for Fielder I changed my tune. I think this is a good deal for both teams. The Brewers are a well ran organization (never thought I'd say that) and this is another nice move.

After seeing that they were getting Jackson and Bush, plus opening up a spot for Fielder I changed my tune.  I think this is a good deal for both teams.  The Brewers are a well ran organization (never thought I'd say that) and this is another nice move.

I can see them in 2-3 years being in the hunt for the playoffs, which is good to see in baseball, that the tides are changing. Now if only the Pirates would learn from their mistakes and not be the AAAA team of the Cubs!

IMO they have the best young INF in the game with Weeks, Hardy, and Feilder, 3b well I guess they can work on that. They should try and aquire Marte from Atlanta, not like they are going to use him anytime soon. But I am sure ATL would ass rape them.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 12:23 AM)
3b well I guess they can work on that. They should try and aquire Marte from Atlanta, not like they are going to use him anytime soon. But I am sure ATL would ass rape them.

Bill Hall's first full season wasn't too shabby. Just odd that it was his best year in the Brewers organization, including the minor leagues.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
IMO they have the best young INF in the game with Weeks, Hardy, and Feilder, 3b well I guess they can work on that. They should try and aquire Marte from Atlanta, not like they are going to use him anytime soon. But I am sure ATL would ass rape them.

You could possibly be on to something, according to reports ATL was ready to move Marte for Edgar via Tampa Bay and Lugo, but it was Tampa Bay that wanted more for Lugo, so ATL is willing to part with him, and actually that deal in some form may still be alive.

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE(qwerty @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 06:22 AM)
Blue jays have quickly turned into one of the worst orginizations evAr. Nothing else really to say other than they are imbeciles.

They brought in Burnett, Ryan, and Overbay. Did they overpay? Yes, but that's still 3 very talented players that will make them better than they were last season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 12:26 AM)
They brought in Burnett, Ryan, and Overbay.  Did they overpay?  Yes, but that's still 3 very talented players that will make them better than they were last season.

Will they compete for anything more than third place in the next decade? They just spent 100 million dollars on gambles. They traded for a first baseman... now have four guys that play 1st and 3rd. Only of only one of them can dh and none of them play the outfield. As i see it one of those guys will be wasted unless someone converts to the outfield really quick.

I like overbay... i think he is overated and underated in some sense. But this move makes no sense unless they have another deal in following this one to move one of hinkse, koskie, hillenbrand.

They don't have to worry. The mets and orioles are still ahead of them stupidity wise.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 01:32 AM)
Will they compete for anything more than third place in the next decade? They just spent 100 million dollars on gambles. They traded for a first baseman... now have four guys that play 1st and 3rd. Only of only one of them can dh and none of them play the outfield. As i see it one of those guys will be wasted unless someone converts to the outfield really quick.

I like overbay... i think he is overated and underated in some sense. But this move makes no sense unless they have another deal in following this one to move one of hinkse, koskie, hillenbrand.

They don't have to worry. The mets and orioles are still ahead of them stupidity wise.

They arent done making moves. Im gonna wait until the end of the week before I proclaim them as the worst run organization in the league. The moves they have made have been intriguing to me. You are right about the gambles, but you cant have only "sure" things.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
I can see them in 2-3 years being in the hunt for the playoffs, which is good to see in baseball, that the tides are changing. Now if only the Pirates would learn from their mistakes and not be the AAAA team of the Cubs!

Like the Brewers did to them last year for Kolb.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 12:32 AM)

Think about if you were int hat division. TB, Tor and Balt are not that bad but they throw this sub-par pitchers out there and Boston and New York murder them. They need to at least try and build a pitching staff to give themselves and chance. This si what Toronto is doing and they are takign risks and they are looking liek they will at least put up a fight. Baltimore on the other hand, I am not sure what they are up to. At least they are not laying down. Their rotation looks good and their defense is top of the line.

The Mets.........well I don't know what to say.