Overbay to Toronto

valponick

QUOTE(valponick @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 03:33 AM)
for David Bush, Gabe Gross and a PTBNL.

Can the Blue Jays contend?

I think their pitching staff is still iffy. After Halladay (Who could be the best pitcher in the AL.) there is not much. If Burnett actually gets his s*** together and that Chacin guy can pitch like he did early last year then I give them a chance. I believe they have a lot of young pitchers in that organization so you never know what could happen.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 06:26 PM)
Doesn't seem like the Brew Crew got much when they could have got Clement from the BoSox.  Wonder if Bos was going to give some $$$ in that potential deal.

Isn't Gross a Prospect and Bush another one. I like the Brewers pitching staff. Sheets and Capuano are good, Davis ain't bad either

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
Toronto can spend all the money they want, but unless the two evil empires fall into a sink hole, the Blue Jays will still finish third.

I have no idea why anybody would think Boston is going to be any good this coming season. They've got a ton of holes on that team. I actually think the Jays have a great chance to win the east this year. What if they pick up Frank Thomas as a DH?

QUOTE(Wedge @ Dec 10, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)
I have no idea why anybody would think Boston is going to be any good this coming season. They've got a ton of holes on that team. I actually think the Jays have a great chance to win the east this year. What if they pick up Frank Thomas as a DH?

Because the Sox will have better starting pitching (not saying much), a better bullpen (it can't get worse) and their lineup will still be good with Manny/Ortiz. IF they don't resign Damon they will have to come up with something. THe Jays can contend but I think they are a bat shy for certain. And its a big bat they need. Can they get anything for Batista? WIll their setup men be able to get the ball to Ryan? Their lineup has nice parts but still needs real thunder and Frank Thomas would be an excellent low cost choice for them