Red Sox, Braves trade

redandwhite

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)
i don't buy it for a second that he can be a fulltime 1B.  His days at 1B are done. (never that bad of a 1B)

Never that bad of a first baseman? You sound like an uneducated cubs fan...cheesus lice.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 10:53 PM)
Did you ever see him play 1B.  All he couldn't do was throw.  He had decent range and he had a good glove.  Was he a great fielder?  No, but he wasn't that bad either.

Yes, he sucked... you come up with some crazy ideas/conclusions/everything.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)
no he didn't.  In fact the play he got hurt on was a play that he made a great leaping play on a Pierre chopper.  He was also pretty good at digging balls out of the dirt.

Yes, orton is good too.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
well it was the biggest trade of the day, but of course the great aboz needs to be the hard ass he is.

:notworthy

you will like Marte. He is a hell of hitter and he can probably hit 30 HR at Fenway in the future. Does go into some long funks however the raw talent alone is worth this trade.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)
no he didn't.  In fact the play he got hurt on was a play that he made a great leaping play on a Pierre chopper.  He was also pretty good at digging balls out of the dirt.

*coughIchirocough*

I mean, it did happen in April...and Pierre has never played in the AL...and it also happened in Seattle...so I put 1 and 1 and 1 and x together to get 4, and sure enough, after a little simple algebra, the answer is easy peezy lemon squeezy.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 03:55 PM)
*coughIchirocough*

I mean, it did happen in April...and Pierre has never played in the AL...and it also happened in Seattle...so I put 1 and 1 and 1 and x together to get 4, and sure enough, after a little simple algebra, the answer is easy peezy lemon squeezy.

Are you sure? I'm thinking of the game two years ago where CLee was on his huge hit streak, I think it was to get the record (28th game?) and someone tied it up witha homerun (Timo if I'm not mistaken) and went into extras where CLee got a double to lead of the tenth, or something like that. I thought that that was the game where Frank got hurt, than he tried to play with it for a few weeks. Thank after the Cubs-Sox series at Wrigley (July 2-4) he was put on the DL? Or am I completely off here?

Frank suffered a partial stress fracture in a bone in his left ankle in an interleague game against the Marlins in Florida on June 17, 2004. He was playing first base and the injury occurred when he was fielding a grounder hit by Juan Pierre. The Sox didn't know how serious the injury was until weeks later. They put him on the DL on July 10, 2004 and he missed the rest of the season. Here's the game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=240617128

Edited by SSH2005