Baby Boomer Quiz

Iwritecode

1) Name the Beatles' first and last names. (Consider this first one a warmup. If you can't answer this one without thinking, save yourself some time and move on to something else right now.)

2) Finish this line: "Lions, and tigers, and bears .... " (2 words)

3) "Hey kids, what time is it?" (4 words)

4) What do M&M's do?

5) What helps build strong bodies twelve ways?

6) Before he was Mohammed Ali, before he was The Greatest, we knew him as....

(2 words)

7) "You'll wonder where the yellow went .... " (7 words)

8) Before he was the Skipper's little buddy, Bob Denver was Dobie's best friend (2 words and an initial)

9) "M-I-C .... see ya real soon .... K-E-Y .... " (5 words and 5 letters)

10) A "streaker" is someone who might run across campus how?

11) "Brylcream: .... " (5 words)

12) Bob Dylan advised us never to trust anyone .... (2 words)

13) "I wonder, wonder, wonder, wonder who .... " (6 words)

14) "War, uh-huh, huh, yeah, what is it good for? .... " (2 words)

15) Where have all the flowers gone?

16) Superman, "disguised as Clark Kent, mild mannered reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper, fights a never-ending battle for truth, justice, and .... " (3 words)

17) Who came from the University of Alabama to become one of the greatest QB's in NFL history and appeared in a TV commercial wearing women's pantyhose? (And do you know his nickname?)

18) "I'm Popeye the sailor man, I'm Popeye the sailor man, I'm strong to the finish .... " (5 words)

19) Who played Peter Pan before all these other imitators?

20) In "The Graduate," Benjamin Braddock (Dustin Hoffman) was advised about his future and told to consider one thing. What?

21) In 1962, a dejected politician, having lost a race for governor, announced his retirement and chastised the press saying, "You won't have .... to kick around any more." (2 words) He lied!

22) "Every morning at the mine you could see him arrive. He stood 6' 6", weighed 245, kinda broad at the shoulder and narrow at the hip and everybody knew you didn't give no lip to .... " (2 words)

23) Where did Fats Domino find his thrill? (3 words)

24) "Good night, Mrs. Calabash .... " (3 words)

25) "Good night, Chet .... " (3 words)

26) "Liar, liar .... " (3 words) And it's not a Jim Carrey movie!

27) "When it's least expected, you're elected. You're the star today! Smile! .... " (4 words)

28) Who put the bop in the bop shu-bop shu-bop? What follows? (7 words)

No cheating!

Answers.

The first time I did it I got 20 right. Not bad considering it all happened before I was born.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 12:04 PM)
22 right.

And I don't know the Beatles' last album, and I don't care! I think it was Abbey Road, but it could have been Let It Be.

Who knows? Not me.

Ah, one of the great Beatlehead debates.

Of course the Let it Be tracks were laid down before the Abbey Road Album was done, in the "Get Back" sessions. But everybody goty to hating everybody else and they walked away from it and never mastered an album for release, realizing instead that if a split was inevitable then they need to go out with the big bang that was Abbey Road. After the break up, Lennon brought the not-yet-murderous Phil Specter in for some heavy-handed overproduction (admittedly, some tracks were pretty lean, but I tend to like that), and finally Let it Be came out as the last EMI studio release.

So the dilemma becomes what order do you listen to the albums in if you are listening chronologgically to the whole catalog as I tend to do quite often. I usually defer to chronological release order, although Abbey Road is certainly the exclamation mark at the end of the Beatles' run.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 11:04 AM)
22 right.

And I don't know the Beatles' last album, and I don't care! I think it was Abbey Road, but it could have been Let It Be.

Who knows? Not me.

Why are you worried about the last album? It wasn't one of the questions. Screwtosser.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 11:52 AM)
Why are you worried about the last album? It wasn't one of the questions. Screwtosser.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

God, I'm so retarded!!!!

When I read the question, I thought it said name the Beatles' first and last ALBUMS!!!!

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

WHAT A DORK!!!!!

....now what are their first and last names????......

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

God, I'm so retarded!!!!

When I read the question, I thought it said name the Beatles' first and last ALBUMS!!!!

:lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting

WHAT A DORK!!!!!

....now what are their first and last names????......

I was going to mention that but I didn't want to embarass you. :P

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 12:18 PM)
I was going to mention that but I didn't want to embarass you.  :P

Oh, don't worry about it, fire away when the opportunity arises.

I have "embraced" and "taken ownership of" my stupidity, so it doesn't embarrass me at all.

I'm "mentally handiCAPABLE".

:lol: