bajenaru

shawnhillegas

Bajaneru is God's gift to right-handed relief pitching. Impending investigations suggest a front-office conspiracy to keep Bajaneru from a sure-fire promotion to the majors. That's the only plausible reason why the Prodigal Son is not pitching with the Pale Hose.

If he ever makes to the bigs, he'll surely be a perennial all-star.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
Do you guys think he will ever be able to put up decent big league numbers?  Even in limited action last year, he gave up 2 home runs in 4 innings, and that still improved his career ERA.

Seems to me, as much as I like him, his stuff doesnt translate to the bigs.

Bajaneru is God's gift to right-handed relief pitching.  Impending investigations suggest a front-office conspiracy to keep Bajaneru from a sure-fire promotion to the majors.  That's the only plausible reason why the Prodigal Son is not pitching with the Pale Hose.

:lol:

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 09:50 AM)
Seems to me, as much as I like him, his stuff doesnt translate to the bigs.

Can you give a reason why this seems to be the case? I'm just trying to guess what he'd do if he got real playing time.

Is his fastball too slow? Too straight? Does he not have a large enough selection of pitches? Is there one that he just can't throw (like he hangs his curve ball every time)? Does he have problems throwing strikes? Is there something with him that can be worked on to adapt him to a big league bullpen, or is he just destined to go down with Billy Koch as a guy who's fastball is just not fast enough and too straight?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 12:47 PM)
Do you guys think he will ever be able to put up decent big league numbers?  Even in limited action last year, he gave up 2 home runs in 4 innings, and that still improved his career ERA.

The guy got used 4 times in a month at the big league level because the Sox didn't want to use him in a pennant race. He never had less than 5 days between pitching outtings, which doesn't help a guy used to pitching every other day to stay in rythm at all, so for me it is kind of hard to put too much into 4 innings of pitching.

I'd like to see the kid get a legitimate shot, if not here, somewhere else. He has proven what he needs to prove at AAA, the only thing left to see is if he is a major league pitcher or a AAAA guy.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
Can you give a reason why this seems to be the case?  I'm just trying to guess what he'd do if he got real playing time.

Is his fastball too slow?  Too straight?  Does he not have a large enough selection of pitches?  Is there one that he just can't throw (like he hangs his curve ball every time)? Does he have problems throwing strikes?  Is there something with him that can be worked on to adapt him to a big league bullpen, or is he just destined to go down with Billy Koch as a guy who's fastball is just not fast enough and too straight?

He does have an extremely straight fastball, but I think he uses it to set up his slider and other pitches. I think he could make it at the big league level, but every time I saw him pitch, he was either really good, or the opposing batter looked like he saw every bit of every pitch. I really want him to make it here though.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 12:48 PM)
Bajaneru is God's gift to right-handed relief pitching.  Impending investigations suggest a front-office conspiracy to keep Bajaneru from a sure-fire promotion to the majors.  That's the only plausible reason why the Prodigal Son is not pitching with the Pale Hose.

Drink much? :drink

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)

Travis Hafner thinks so.

QUOTE(Ricky3353 @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 06:20 AM)
I dont know alot but i do know that Jeff Bajaneru is the most obscure athlete in the history of professional sports to have his own website.

(move over Pat Mannley)

No, that award goes to Robert Archibald, who got in for a total of like 10 minutes for his NBA career.