Teachers politics

Controlled Chaos

From reading Soxy's joke in the other thread it got me thinking. Most kids I know in late grammer school or high school are against Bush. Why do you think this is?

I know my brother-in-law, always says things like Bush is an idiot. Bush will screw it up....blah blah blah. Bush lies about everything.

He is 18 years old and just started college. He never ever watches the news, reads the paper or looks at anything on the internet other than sports. So how did he get this attitude? My in laws aren't really into politics, so it's not like they sit around discussing things at the table.

I'm guessing he gets it from his teachers and I'm guessing for him to have such animosity they weren't just teaching and letting the kids decide, they were imposing their opinions. Right? Wrong?

Does anyone know any teenagers that embrace conservatism without conservative parents?

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
I'm guessing he gets it from his teachers and I'm guessing for him to have such animosity they weren't just teaching and letting the kids decide, they were imposing their opinions.  Right? Wrong?

No, you're right. I remember my little brother was saying that kind of nonsense he got from his teachers in highschool, I set him straight. Now older and wiser he thinks for himself, as do most people.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)
totally

like teachers down south trying to teach creationism in science class.

Well, I wouldn't say Kansas is in the South. . .

But I've definitely had teachers preach both a liberal and conservative standpoint (granted, in high school it was mostly conservative--of course I'm also from J. Dennis Hastert's home town. . .).

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
What about the kids who watch CMT?

The majority of them live in the South, go to a school that wants to ban evolution, and are locked into republican beliefs for life anyways. That isn't necesarily a good thing either, but I really don't think the number of kids that watch CMT is in the same area code as those that watch MTV.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
The majority of them live in the South, go to a school that wants to ban evolution, and are locked into republican beliefs for life anyways.  That isn't necesarily a good thing either, but I really don't think the number of kids that watch CMT is in the same area code as those that watch MTV.

They are in mine.