Free Agent Lefties

Winning Ugly

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 07:13 PM)
And yet today the Angels traded for J.C Romero. What does that tell you?

They won a world series with 1 lefty, it's really not a big deal. That said our manager seems to love the matchup game, I'd honestly have no problem at all if Munoz got a shot to be that 12th pitcher and would be used sparingly until or if he proved anything. If ozzie could get over his love for the matchup game, having 1 lefty is not a problem at all.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 05:13 PM)
And yet today the Angels traded for J.C Romero. What does that tell you?

That anyone in their right mind would be willing to give up their 6th of 7th best prospect, a guy no one in the area has even mentionned in the papers, in exchange for a quality major league relief pitcher.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 10, 2005 -> 12:23 PM)
That anyone in their right mind would be willing to give up their 6th of 7th best prospect, a guy no one in the area has even mentionned in the papers, in exchange for a quality major league relief pitcher.

I'm just thinking that of Romero was a righty, the Angels wouldn't have made this deal. Remember they had to let go of the likes of Joel Peralta and Derrick Turnbow because they didn't have room for them.

That said, what Terry Ryan was thinking when he made this deal, I don't know. If only Minny wasn't in our division, I would have loved to have get in on this deal to get Romero. Even though he had a 3.47 ERA which was very Marte like, he'll be a very effective LOOGY with that .198 BAA.