a new favorite?

Reddy

I'm gonna place some advance orders for the Chris Young jersey. When Baines left the first time, I didn't have to wait long to latch on to Big Hurt. Now, I am just biding my time until Young hits the majors....c'mon Chris, make it 2006!

Buerhle has a great attitude and I'm a huge fan but its hard for me to make a pitcher my favorite since he's only on every 5 games. Who do I look to between his starts?

Edited by heirdog

QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
Just in case anyone on the Sox brass pays any attention to this board... yes, I DEFINITELY would buy a Tejada jersey should the opportunity to purchase one in black and white become available...

Say goodbye to Garland + McCarthy amongst others . . . oh wait, the Orioles don't like pitching.

Edited by Kalapse

I could go three ways. Konerko simply because he chose to come back for the fans, city, and kids. Buehrle because he is flat out in love with the team and fans. Crede because of how he stepped up at the plate, in the field, and between the ears. Oh crap, make it four: AJ for being the shepherd of this team when the pressure was on.

I think if I get a jersey with a name on the back, I will just use a "name" that struck me this winter: "THOMERKO"

SFF

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 09:35 AM)
I could go three ways.  Konerko simply because he chose to come back for the fans, city, and kids.  Buehrle because he is flat out in love with the team and fans. Crede because of how he stepped up at the plate, in the field, and between the ears.  Oh crap, make it four: AJ for being the shepherd of this team when the pressure was on.

I think if I get a jersey with a name on the back, I will just use a "name" that struck me this winter: "THOMERKO"

SFF

love the Thomerko idea - thats pretty sweet

yeah i'm sorta starting to latch on to crede and AJ too... i was at Game 2 of the ALCS - that game with THE aj play and crede's "walkoff" (i thought it was a homer at first)

I almost think i'm gonna have to say crede... bizarre... i used to hate the guy.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
I have had a man crush on two players. Kelly Wunsch and AJ. Other than that, like Rowand said, there have been players here that I have liked more than others, but not a favorite.

I'm more the type of person that has players he hates. Jose Valentin was long that guy for me.

Contreras was looking to be that guy but he impressed me so much last season (even during his struggles). Right now I can't say I hate any one guy. Marte pissed me off a lot last year as did Timo at times.

As far as favorites. Mine is hands down Paul Konerko (Buehrle/Garl and Cotts are next). I'm also a big Neal Cotts fan (was a huge Arow fan), definately like AJ's gamesmanship, love Crede's defense and flat love watching Juan play the game.

I'm less of a fan of Iguchi than any other starter on the Sox. He has a pretty swing at times, but I don't think anyone whiffs as ugly as he can (that includes Crede).