Timo, he gone now?

SSH2005

Would that mean Borchard would be a backup OF?  I know Rob could do it, but he would also have to be a backup IF

Mackowiak will be our fourth outfielder or starting third baseman if Crede misses time with his back. Ozuna can also play the outfield. And Jerry Owens could possibly make the 25-man roster for all we know. We shall see what happens to Borchard.

Edited by SSH2005

He would be a good backup for Crede. I do believe that Borchard can handle being the 25th guy on a team and a last guy on the bench. Not sure if it will help his development though. Wasn't Marte originally a Pirate? Thought so. Also, I thought the Pirates were enamored with Borchard in the past. Surprised they didn't ask for him too

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 05:17 PM)
He would be a good backup for Crede. I do believe that Borchard can handle being the 25th guy on a team and a last guy on the bench. Not sure if it will help his development though. Wasn't Marte originally a Pirate? Thought so. Also, I thought the Pirates were enamored with Borchard in the past. Surprised they didn't ask for him too

Mariner... got him from the pirates...

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)
Mackowiak will be our fourth outfielder or starting third baseman if Crede misses time with his back.  Ozuna can also play the outfield.  And Jerry Owens could possibly make the 25-man roster for all we know.  We shall see what happens to Borchard.

The piece @ Whitesox.com strongly suggested that Owens was in line to get the official "4th outfielder" spot. It didn't even mention Borchard, although it did say that KW was in line to trade for at least 1 or perhaps more than 1 promising lefty reliever that could hopefully give us what Marte brought a few years ago.

That really made me think that Borchard was going to wind up sent off, possibly to drag in a young lefty reliever or two. The fact that his name wasn't anywhere in that article has to mean something. It at least said that Harris and Perez would probably be non-tendered. It also didn't mention Gload's future at all. I'm wondering if Gload and Borchard may well be the pieces KW decides to deal to grab a few young relievers from someone.

Btw, if this does mean the end of Timo...that means we're replacing a guy who hit .218 wiht a .562 OPS with a guy who hit .272 with a .726 OPS. Yes, he may not be as "Clutch" as Timo, but over a couple hundred at bats, that's got to account for a few runs, right?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)
The piece @ Whitesox.com strongly suggested that Owens was in line to get the official "4th outfielder" spot.  It didn't even mention Borchard, although it did say that KW was in line to trade for at least 1 or perhaps more than 1 promising lefty reliever that could hopefully give us what Marte brought a few years ago.

That really made me think that Borchard was going to wind up sent off, possibly to drag in a young lefty reliever or two.  The fact that his name wasn't anywhere in that article has to mean something.  It at least said that Harris and Perez would probably be non-tendered.  It also didn't mention Gload's future at all.  I'm wondering if Gload and Borchard may well be the pieces KW decides to deal to grab a few young relievers from someone.

Btw, if this does mean the end of Timo...that means we're replacing a guy who hit .218 wiht a .562 OPS with a guy who hit .272 with a .726 OPS.  Yes, he may not be as "Clutch" as Timo, but over a couple hundred at bats, that's got to account for a few runs, right?

I thought Mackowiak was actually clutch? If he is, then there's really no argument for having Timo over him.