World Cup Draw Today

Pele knows what's up

979306698.jpg

I'm excited for this, many members of my family get real into this, and though I've only really experienced a couple times since I'm younger, I can't wait for June either. I wonder how the match times of 02 will compare to this year. I remember in 02 when my family was over for some occasion, and everyone was about to leave past midnight, but then we put in on one of the Spanish channels and saw Senegal playing and everyone stayed and watched it. It sucks that you have to wait 4 years in between, but that wait makes it worthwile when it comes. There's also the Olympics in between, but they don't compare. Anyways, for someone trying to get into the sport/event, I'm not sure what advice to give, maybe to watch the game live at any level, that kind of helps for appreciation. Also, the event kind of has a march madness type feel to it for me, so it's always fun to follow. Also, I'd recommend trying to find some soccer or European type store around May/June and try and get a schedule. I got one last time at a european soccer store in Schaumburg.

Forza Italia! I'm sure they'll be taken more lightly than usual and as hated as ever, but there's a lot of faces on this team that I like (Toni, DelPiero, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gilardino, etc) and it seems that Lippi is trying to break the 'score first and then play defense/coast the rest of the game' spell. I hope the US also goes through, but it'll be tough with the Czech in the group, and then, they'd have to play Brazil in the next round. But whatever, you never know wholl benefit from crooked refereeing

You know, now that I think about it, it's gonna bea tough for anyone not to pick Brazil. As long as they have Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, and Roberto Carlos....they'll be tough. Ronaldinho is arguably the best player in the world right now. But playing in Germany, Germany will be a favorite to with Oliver Kahn mining the net. It's gonna be a great World Cup.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 12, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
You know, now that I think about it, it's gonna bea tough for anyone not to pick Brazil. As long as they have Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, and Roberto Carlos....they'll be tough. Ronaldinho is arguably the best player in the world right now. But playing in Germany, Germany will be a favorite to with Oliver Kahn mining the net. It's gonna be a great World Cup.

Germany will not be a favorite to win. They are an older team and nowhere near as good as they were 4 years ago.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 12, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)

Oliver Kahn has had so many personal issues and is not the same GK that he was in the last WC. Ballack is good and all, but they do not play the creative football that the Brazilians play. The Brazillians have so many guns, Kaka/Ronaldo with Ronaldinho creating havoc is pretty nasty.

The Brazillians have to be the favorites. The dutch are my dark horse for going to the finals.

If Argentina can get out of their group, I think they can go all the way.

Everyone thinks Brazil is more talented, but I think Argentina play better as a team, and they've got so much creative quality anyways from the likes of Carlos Tevez.

QUOTE(zenryan @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 02:06 AM)
Group D

Mexico,Iran,Portugal,Angola

Gotta like Portugal and Mexico. Iran might be able to sneak up on someone. Portugal usually dissappoints in big time situations.

As long as Luis Figo is on the Portugese team, they will be good. He is a great leader.