Damaso Marte could be headin to the Dodgers

JDsDirtySox

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 10, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)
If you're a team desperate for a power hitting OF like the Pirates, no wonder they're interested in Bradley. And Jim Tracy has probably told Dave Littlefield what he's like in the clubhouse etc.

Not to be picky, but I don't know why people ignored what I said. Jim Tracy has told the Pirates he WANTS Milton Bradley.

He always got along with Bradley and would talk him up down in LA and say that the media would overblow stuff. Jim Tracy is backing this move and he wants him. That should say that a lot of the stuff regarding Bradley is totally overblown.

Not to be picky, but I don't know why people ignored what I said.  Jim Tracy has told the Pirates he WANTS Milton Bradley.

He always got along with Bradley and would talk him up down in LA and say that the media would overblow stuff.  Jim Tracy is backing this move and he wants him.  That should say that a lot of the stuff regarding Bradley is totally overblown.

I agree Jason, the Pirates want him due to Jim Tracey, and the Pirates also want Bill Mueller due to Jim Tracey.

Mueller is a perfect fit for them, and Bradley is a worthwhile gamble for a team like the Pirates who have only one way to go ... up.

The only thing I'm worried about is the Pirates being good for those three games vs. the White Sox, I'll be there. :P

QUOTE(JimH @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 02:06 PM)
I agree Jason, the Pirates want him due to Jim Tracey, and the Pirates also want Bill Mueller due to Jim Tracey.

Mueller is a perfect fit for them, and Bradley is a worthwhile gamble for a team like the Pirates who have only one way to go ... up.

The only thing I'm worried about is the Pirates being good for those three games vs. the White Sox, I'll be there.  :P

They have had a solid off-season. Hell, KC has too. Tracy is a very good baseball guy (not saying he's a great MGR) but he's a good manager and more importantly a good guy and thats what you need when your trying to rebuild in a near impossible situation (and Pitt is that).

Pitt, Detroit, Mil, Cin, Col, TB are all teams that have been in the crapper for a long time and aside from Mil, they all look like they are going to be there for a while.