Jacques Jones?

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)
I've always been a fan of Jones...do you think he'd be a good addition to the team?

How much doyou think he'll sign for?

Nowhere to play him. I htink he ends up a Cub or a Cardinal. I think he profiles better in the National League anyways

The real question about Jones is do we need him? I don't see the need since we have several young promising candidates internally. You have to also consider money. The Sox payroll is going up and we need any xtra money to sign our own players to longer contracts.

A good number of us Sox fans seem real nervous, IMO, overly nervous about CF next year. We toss around one option after another...it seems like anyone BUT Anderson.

The organization is saying clearly, and I agree with them, it's time to develop our own talent, and I think BA will do surprisingly well next year, defensively and offensively.

I would appreciate it if noone would bring up Jaque Jones' name for the remainder of the offseason. His name has come up quite a few times by people and it's unwarranted. Jaque Jones is not a good ballplayer. We have no use for an overpaid, cocky, .750 OPS OF.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
I would appreciate it if noone would bring up Jaque Jones' name for the remainder of the offseason. His name has come up quite a few times by people and it's unwarranted. Jaque Jones is not a good ballplayer. We have no use for an overpaid, cocky, .750 OPS OF.

Which will mean that the Cubs will be salivating for him. :bang

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
What Carl Everett is at 34, Jaque Jones is at 30.

i just don't know which way i would go. i can see the idea of us getting him, but it comes down to money. the money spent here, can be use for contract extension and address those needs later.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 02:40 PM)
You guys must not watch Jacques Jones play on a regular basis.

An occasional timely hit( :finger Freddy's no-no), solid defense, inconsistency, and a knack for swinging at curveballs that start at his knees.

He's mediocre as hell.

Oh believe me, I probably watch Jones as much as any Sox fan around here does. Since I live in the Minnesota viewing area and love to watch baseball, I probably watch 100 Twins games a year or so, wanting them to lose every game, haha. Jones is a very clutch hitter, I will give that to him. But he always tries for the long ball and when he gets it he does the most annoying bat flip I've ever seen.

Edited by WilliamTell