Jim Thome's #25

WilliamTell

Since we're in the offseason and what's popular around here are the trade rumors. I've decided to bring up one of the most pointless topics just to waste time and increase people's post counts. Anyways the question is, since Jim Thome is now #25, what number do you think Borchard will be in Spring Training if he's still on the team?

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
I say we go to the XFL rules and allow players to put whatever they want on their back.

Joe's name can be "He K Me" and his number will go up for each strikeout he gets.

hahaha, best. post. ever.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
I say we go to the XFL rules and allow players to put whatever they want on their back.

Joe's name can be "He K Me" and his number will go up for each strikeout he gets.

If that was the case then Borchard would have to wear smaller numbers cause when he goes triple digits in strikeouts they'd wrap around.

:D

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 07:59 PM)
What number does Mackowiak take?  He was 3 for Pitt.....isn't that retired for the sox?

He was #59 during most of his time with the Pirates. Being that #3 can't be worn, I'm betting he goes back to 59...that is, unless we retired John Snyder's number and nobody told me about it.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 10:01 PM)
He was #59 during most of his time with the Pirates.  Being that #3 can't be worn, I'm betting he goes back to 59...that is, unless we retired John Snyder's number and nobody told me about it.

Ain't nobody takin' Man Soo's number til he's good and ready to give it up!!!!