Ipod Help

iWiN4PreP

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...IY%2FpylROizATA

So far im looking at the 400 doller, 15000 songs one.

I dont like the price.

I need the 10000 + songs on it, but i have no clue if thats a good price for it.

Am asking if some-one who knows their ipods :P, to give me some help here and lead me to a good ipod, a good deal, or something along the lines of that.

I need more then 10000 songs to be able to go on it.

thanks!

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 06:10 PM)
I got a question.  is there an easy way for me to take songs off my ipod and put them on another computer.  I want to move them to my laptop and figure there has to be a way to do it easily (and import them into my laptops library) directly through the Ipod.

only way i know is using a program called EphPod.

http://engadget.com/entry/7166385640773718/

Edited by Tmar28

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)
I got a question.  is there an easy way for me to take songs off my ipod and put them on another computer.  I want to move them to my laptop and figure there has to be a way to do it easily (and import them into my laptops library) directly through the Ipod.

In the past, I just pulled up the ipod as a drive when i plug it in (i think it's like the f: drive or something). From there, you can open it up and there's a bunch of folders that have your songs in them. Just copy the entire folder to your computer and import it into itunes. Then you've got all your songs. :)

QUOTE(Fotop @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 04:58 PM)
In the past, I just pulled up the ipod as a drive when i plug it in (i think it's like the f: drive or something). From there, you can open it up and there's a bunch of folders that have your songs in them. Just copy the entire folder to your computer and import it into itunes. Then you've got all your songs. :)

Maybe its just my ipod's software, but if I look at the folder, all I see are contacts, notes and one other file. Nowhere on there are the song files.

Also I just read that link from tmar and it looks as if Apple has done everything they can to prevent you from being able to take songs from your Ipod and put them onto your desktop (stupid if you ask me, cause they are your songs).

Its obviously something the RIAA is pushing, but why can't I do what I want with songs I own. I should have the right to be able to put them on my laptop (so I can listen to them through it while at school).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 12, 2005 -> 01:13 AM)
Maybe its just my ipod's software, but if I look at the folder, all I see are contacts, notes and one other file.  Nowhere on there are the song files.

Also I just read that link from tmar and it looks as if Apple has done everything they can to prevent you from being able to take songs from your Ipod and put them onto your desktop (stupid if you ask me, cause they are your songs).

Its obviously something the RIAA is pushing, but why can't I do what I want with songs I own.  I should have the right to be able to put them on my laptop (so I can listen to them through it while at school).

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?q...0&search=+Go%21

do you use an apple computer? cause thats what comes up when i have my ipod plugged in. Get ipodrip and you'll have like 10 trial uses...

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Dec 12, 2005 -> 03:39 AM)
thx guys.

if you want my two cents, you could save a lot of money by not buying an ipod mp3 player. I mean creative machines and others have created mp3 players that are better and cheaper...they just lack that appeal and interface of apples...just a thought.