Sox Acquire Javier Vazquez

joeynach

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 12:39 AM)
Oh I agree, and IMO it gets better with a Vasquez for Duque swap.  It's just, we are 6 deep....and as nice as that is, we can trade Garland for a proven 3rd outfielder (even move Pods to CF to put a corner guy in left) rather than lose him after this season, and STILL have ONE OF the best in the game.  Sounds pretty enticing if you as me.

Garland for Ken Griffey Jr???

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 12:40 AM)
the funny thing is I really believed KW when he said last week he was done with major moves.  He had to go into super secret double probation uber stealth mood on this one.

Flying under the radar is KW's game. I bet we will never hear him say anything about signings or trades since he lost Vizquel. I am sure hes not too worried about that anymore though. :)

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 12:41 AM)
Garland for Ken Griffey Jr???

I have absolutely zero clue who the outfielder would be, but you never know. And we wouldn't even have to ask the question "where would he play". Maybe Griffey, maybe somebody we aren't even thinking of from a contender (or team in general) that is desperate for a really good starter.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 12:44 AM)
I have absolutely zero clue who the outfielder would be, but you never know.  And we wouldn't even have to ask the question "where would he play".  Maybe Griffey, maybe somebody we aren't even thinking of from a contender (or team in general) that is desperate for a really good starter.

I say Garland for Griffey because Griffey is a natural CF, probably would get dealt for SP because Cinci needs alot of it, and he's a great LH at bat. Plus we wouldn't have to move Pods from LF. Checkout the lineup:

LF - Podsednik

SS - Uribe

DH - Thome

1B - Konerko

CF - Griffey Jr.

RF - Dye

C - Pierzynski

2B - Iguchi

3B - Crede

We all know how much Ozzie loves the lefty-righty matchups. This would be his wet dream come true.

i just want to say the sox must really be high on anderson, they not only cleared the guy in front of him, but also the guy behind him...not to mention jeremy reed.

KW and the gang must really think brian is the real deal. we shall see

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 12:48 AM)
I say Garland for Griffey because Griffey is a natural CF, probably would get dealt for SP because Cinci needs alot of it, and he's a great LH at bat. Plus we wouldn't have to move Pods from LF. Checkout the lineup:

LF - Podsednik

SS - Uribe

DH - Thome

1B - Konerko

CF - Griffey Jr.

RF - Dye

C - Pierzynski

2B - Iguchi

3B - Crede

We all know how much Ozzie loves the lefty-righty matchups. This would be his wet dream come true.

I am sorry but I think we could get a better player in return than an old injury plagued Griffey.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 12:49 AM)
i just want to say the sox must really be high on anderson, they not only cleared the guy in front of him, but also the guy behind him...not to mention jeremy reed.

KW and the gang must really think brian is the real deal. we shall see

There's still Sweeney and Owens right there with him.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 12:48 AM)

LF - Podsednik

SS - Uribe

DH - Thome

1B - Konerko

CF - Griffey Jr.

RF - Dye

C - Pierzynski

2B - Iguchi

3B - Crede

Amen. Also, somebody mentioned Abreu, also a possibility, hell we already dealt with Philly this offseason. But yeah, imagine somebody like that to add to the lineup, with the still awesome pitching staff we'd have even with Garland gone. I mean come on, our offense is WAY better with IMO only a marginal drop off (if that) in the SP.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 12:49 AM)
I am sorry but I think we could get a better player in return than an old injury plagued Griffey.

I don't think you can simply because Garland is on the last year of his deal. Plus Griffey hurt his foot at the end of last year, but it was said he could've played after a week if they were in contention which they weren't. It'll be 5 years from now when people start saying he isn't injury prone anymore, and by then he'll be retired and others will be wishing we didn't miss the boat on him.

Garland for Griffey or bust. I don't want Pods in CF. I don't want Abreu in CF.