Sox Acquire Javier Vazquez

joeynach

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 01:11 AM)
Has Kenny broke the record yet for trades in a 5 year time table?

I give Kenny Williams lots of credit regardless of how it all works out.

Most fans would probably want the team back together after winning it all, but he's still out there trying to make the team better. Kudos to KW!

Meanwhile, on the North Side, the Cubs get Pierre after they couldn't land their top prize Furcal, and now seem to be settling on Jacque Jones, if the reports are true that the Cubs may sign him.

Seriously, you'd think the Cubs won the world series last season, not the White Sox!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 06:13 AM)
My ass it's under those conditions. If we're giving up Duque, Young, AND a major league reliever for Vazquez that cash figure better represent a sizable portion of the contract. Or a stud prospect of theirs better be included. f*** this overpaying s***. I'm tired of it.

If we're trading Garland, and Blalock (for example) is what we receive, one of their stud pitching prospects are going to be included. I don't care if he's a FA next season. Texas can remain in the perpetual pitching rut unless they accept those conditions.

Flash...other GMs love to trade with KW cause they know he'll overpay. Looking at what Arizona has tried to get for Vazquez, I have a feeling KW is going to overpay to get Javier.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 02:13 AM)
My ass it's under those conditions. If we're giving up Duque, Young, AND a major league reliever for Vazquez that cash figure better represent a sizable portion of the contract. Or a stud prospect of theirs better be included. f*** this overpaying s***. I'm tired of it.

If we're trading Garland, and Blalock (for example) is what we receive, one of their stud pitching prospects are going to be included. I don't care if he's a FA next season. Texas can remain in the perpetual pitching rut unless they accept those conditions.

My bad....by ML I meant minor league. Like Baj or Munoz.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Dec 13, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)
yeah, I don't think JG is a 1, but he has that nasty sinker, and in that ball park his value may be more than other pitchers rated higher who are flyball pitchers...

but with that said, if Phil wanted Zam or Prior from the Cubs for Abreu, it would take more than just JG

Thats what they asked for, doesn't mean they'll get it. I can safely say Garland would be as good of an offer as they'd get. Beats the hell out of Carl pavano.

How about this.... we do this trade.... than deal Garland for Blalock and Adrian Gonzalez and than deal Gonzalez, Fields, and another for Crawford.

LF:Podsenick

CF:Crawford

1B:Konerko

DH:Thome

RF:Dye

3B:Blalock

2B:Iguchi

C:Pieryznski

SS:Uribe

Starting Rotation:Buehrle, Contreras, Garcia, Vazquez, B-Mac

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
Blalock for sure.  I love him.  That homer off Gagne in the all-star game was legendary...(to me)

Creepy story about that home run. I was sitting in the RF stands for the all-star game with my buddy. And Blalock comes to the plate, works the count to 2-1. This 35 year old guy next to me turns to me and goes "2-1 home run count." Puts on his glove (which I thought was hilarious that a 35 year old guy was bringing to the game) and stands up. On that pitch Blalock hits a home run and where does go, none other than straight into the guys glove who was standing up next to me. I will never forget that play. It was just the oddest sequence of events I have ever been around at a baseball game.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 02:16 AM)
How about this.... we do this trade.... than deal Garland for Blalock and Adrian Gonzalez and than deal Gonzalez, Fields, and another for Crawford.

LF:Podsenick

CF:Crawford

1B:Konerko

DH:Thome

RF:Dye

3B:Blalock

2B:Iguchi

C:Pieryznski

SS:Uribe

Starting Rotation:Buehrle, Contreras, Garcia, Vazquez, B-Mac

Pass the blunt dude...

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
Creepy story about that home run.  I was sitting in the RF stands for the all-star game with my buddy.  And Blalock comes to the plate, works the count to 2-1.  This 35 year old guy next to me turns to me and goes "2-1 home run count."  Puts on his glove (which I thought was hilarious that a 35 year old guy was bringing to the game) and stands up.  On that pitch Blalock hits a home run and where does go, none other than straight into the guys glove who was standing up next to me.  I will never forget that play.  It was just the oddest sequence of events I have ever been around at a baseball game.

was your buddy James Earl Jones, and did "Moonlight Graham" appear on the board?

Wouldn't have to trade Garland for Crawford. Could trade Garland for the prospects that Tampa wants and then trade them for Crawford.

I think KW is going with all 6. MB, JG, JC, FG, JV and BMac when they tire or get injured from pitching in the world thing.

I trust KW. Even if he screws up (eventually he will), his aggressiveness is why the Sox are World Champions.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 12:15 AM)
Quick note:  there were rumblings earlier that Arizona was trying to get Cotts included in the deal.  Please don't do that KW!

It better not include Cotts. I trust Williams is a sane man, and those requests earlier were before Chris Young was included.

QUOTE(103 mph screwball @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 12:17 AM)
I trust KW.  Even if he screws up (eventually he will), his aggressiveness is why the Sox are World Champions.

he already has, he even poked fun at himself about how bad the Todd Ritchie trade was on the Score last week. But guess what, he won a World Series last year.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)
was your buddy James Earl Jones, and did "Moonlight Graham" appear on the board?

I swear to god that is the complete truth. No exageration or anything. That is how it exactly happened. Me and my buddy still joke about it and probably will for as long as we know each other. It was the most omniscient thing I have ever seen.