Sox Acquire Javier Vazquez

joeynach

I'm still not sure why everybody hates this trade??  Is it the money?? Because otherwise, you hate giving up an injury prone, 45 year old pitcher making 5 mill a year, a prospect, and an average 30 year old bullpen arm for a 28 year old pitcher who has shown he can be very good when not in New York or air that kills a breaking ball.

I just don't get it......unless it's the money, as for that, wait and see, apparently we are getting some dough in this deal...

The only player I will miss will be Young. We WANTED to dump El Duque and his contract. And Vizcaino is mediocre to bad.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 02:57 AM)
Anyone else think an Abreu deal is forthcoming? I don't know why, I just have a feeling it might happen. The Sox are pretty much the only team that has what they want.

A Garland for really good OF deal is coming, and Abreu is the leading candidate...

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 02:37 AM)
You wanted him to be criticized after the deadline as well for only trading for Blum and we all know how that turned out.  Just let the guy do his thing, no offense flash but I think he knows a little bit more then you and I.  You even said before you wouldn't judge any of Kenny's moves before knowing what comes after, yet you seem already to jump all over him for this.  You seem to like bashing him for some reason.

I said Williams moves are typically ones which present themselves gradually then from one trade. I never said anything about holding judgement until they're done. Or else I'd never say anything about any trade because 6 months from now a player I objected to obtaining may prove me wrong. I can stil judge individual trades for their value.

I should give him benefit of doubt, but it's difficult when seemingly every offseson move involves us overpaying for players, whereas undervaluing our own talent.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 02:41 AM)
Makes a lot of sense for DBacks, as they add a super prospect to their already loaded farm system.  I think we'll know why the Sox did this move in about 10 days.

Loaded?!? Besides Drew and Quentin I'm not really seein too much.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 03:06 AM)
I think it's more of a case that some of us over value our prospects then Kenny undervaluing them.  Kenny hasn't made a trade in forever that has come back to bite us in the ass.

That is correct sir. I serious wonder if we traded Pablo Ozuna and Joe Crede tomorrow for A Rod, with the Yanks picking up 100 percent of the contract, if people would complain that it weakened our bench...

sorry im bored, but did anyone hear about this. Was printed in the Boston Globe

As a possible contingency plan if they lose Johnny Damon, the Red Sox have discussed a deal with the Mariners that would involve Matt Clement going to Seattle and center fielder Jeremy Reed coming to Boston, according to a source with direct knowledge of the discussions.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
Loaded?!?  Besides Drew and Quentin I'm not really seein too much.

There's some more besides those 2 though (although not signing Upton hurt);

Conor Jackson

Dustin Nippert

Carlos Gonzales

I think with the D-Backs farm system and now with Young, they've got a couple of guys in there who could quite easily be All-Stars some-day, and you can't say that about a lot of farm systems.