$10,000 Synch Home Christmas Light Show

Texsox

And if this is the same guy, he had to shut it down because there was a traffic accident in front of his house and it took the authorities two hours to get to the accident. After that, he was told that he couldn't do it anymore because it was becoming a nusciance.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 13, 2005 -> 07:25 AM)
And if this is the same guy, he had to shut it down because there was a traffic accident in front of his house and it took the authorities two hours to get to the accident.  After that, he was told that he couldn't do it anymore because it was becoming a nusciance.

Exactly the same guy.

Wow! Are they Christians? Or maybe it’s the Anti-Christ at work. It’s hard to believe that the neighbors haven’t had arson discussions amongst themselves.

It reminds me a little of the scene on the mountaintop in Close Encounters of the Third Kind where they’re doing call and response with the mother ship. G-A-F-F-C.

There are a number of neighborhoods like that in every city where people line up to view the show. I forget the area just off the Edens that was incredible most years. Christmas wasn't complete until I spent an hour in a traffic jam viewing those lights.

He did invest in a low wattage FM transmitter, so he didn't have speakers blaring.

What I imagine is annoying the most is trying to get to your house with all the damn traffic.

QUOTE(mreye @ Dec 13, 2005 -> 08:14 AM)
Come on, Tex. Where's your Christmas spirit?

in a barn, in the middle east, thinking about the birth of an infant that would change the world for a couple thousand years . . .

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 13, 2005 -> 09:35 AM)
in a barn, in the middle east, thinking about the birth of an infant that would change the world for a couple thousand years . . .

Here comes Santa Claus,

Here comes Santa Claus,

Right down Santa Claus Lane,

Vixen and Blitzen and all his reindeer

Are pulling on the reins.

Bells are ringing, children singing,

All is merry and bright.

Hang your stockings and say your prayers,

'Cause Santa Claus comes tonight.

I always feel bad for the people that live on Leonartz (sp?) Ave in Aurora, but we go every year and it makes my Christmas so happy and fuzzy. I don't know if I could deal with the traffic, though. . .But I'm glad they do. :)

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 13, 2005 -> 09:35 AM)

I had a dream the other night and in the middle of it Jesus walked into the room. So I said, 'Shut the door, what, were you born in a barn or something?

Ah, Emo Phillips. . .

Phillips_Emo.jpg