I think something big is going down...

Steve9347

Boys, the aquisition of Javier Vazquez is a nice move. We gave up jack s*** to get him (though Chris Young will be a nice talent).

Now, this begs the question, what happens with B-Mac. This kid is ready to start at the major league level, so...

I believe there is another deal going down, and I think either Freddy Garcia, Jon Garland, or Jose Contreras will be dealt and we will get a CF back.

Not only that, but I think that center fielder is Carl Crawford.

This is pure speculation, but it seems quite possible now.

Edited by Steve9347

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:25 AM)
Boys, the aquisition of Javier Vazquez is a nice move.  We gave up jack s*** to get him (though Chris Young will be a nice talent).

Now, this begs the question, what happens with B-Mac.  This kid is ready to start at the major league level, so...

I believe there is another deal going down, and I think either Freddy Garcia, Jon Garland, or Jose Contreras will be dealt and we will get a CF back.

Not only that, but I think that center fielder is Carl Crawford.

This is pure speculation, but it seems quite possible now.

You read my mind. I was just starting to think this. If we could get Carl Crawford, for Garland...that would rock.

QUOTE(SnB @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:30 AM)
welcome to MVP baseball, real-life edition

SnB, I was thinking the same damn thing. It is like Kenny Williams has become a fan, just out there aquiring any big name.

I almost feel weird having this happen to the White Sox, happy but weird. JR must have bumped up the payroll significantly.

I just hope they offer AJ a long term contract soon.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:33 AM)
:o

Would TB do it in Garlands walk year?

they seem interested in dealing for pitching... plus, with Crawford's contract off the books, they could probably sign Jon to a three year deal if it were to happen (though you'd never get me to sign in Tampa)

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 07:40 AM)
New ownership and great young talent.  He could be their gamble.  They also have Dave Wills.

What about Garland for Ervin Santana and Darin Erstad??

I don't like that. Id rather keep Gload that add Erstads Salary . That moves makes anaheim a very big threat to our chances to repeat.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 07:44 AM)
Carl Crawford for Garland straight up: yells yea!  Crawford is a player I really like, has speed, has a high OBP, and plays good defense.  He's young and fairly cheap to boot.

Garland's stock is at the highest I think it will ever be.  Time to get out while the gettings good with him.

I would be very worried trading Garland. His stock is not at it's highest. I see him an allstar pitcher from here on out.

Blalock?  I thought we covered our 3B jonesing with Mackowiak?

I just thought it would make some sense seeing as both Garland and Crede could be gone anyways after 2006. Both will be free agents and Garland is going to get a monster contract and Crede's agent is still Boras. Mackowiak would still back up the infield and outfield, especially center field if Anderson struggles. Blalock would be under contract for $3 million in 2006, $4.75 million in 2007, and $5.95 million in 2008.

Edited by SSH2005

"Updating an earlier report, the Associated Press reports Tampa Bay Devil Rays OF Carl Crawford signed a six-year deal worth up to $32.5 million. The deal guarantees $15.25 million. Crawford gets a $500,000 signing bonus, $500,000 this year in 2005, $2.5 million in 2006, $4 million in 2007 and $5.25 million in 2008. Tampa Bay has an $8.25 million option for 2009 with a $2.5 million buyout. If the Devil Rays exercise that option, the team gets a $10 million option for 2010 with a $1.25 million buyout. In addition, the contract includes escalators that could boost Crawford's salary to $11.5 million in the final year. "

There is no way TB would trade crawford since hes gonna be cheap till 2008. TB will likely trade him after the 07 season though. :)

IMO, I'd be easier and less stress to just sign Johnny Damon or trade for Ichiro (hes making 11mill for 07 and 08) :huh

B-Mac, Juan Uribe, and prospects for Miguel Tejada is a bad trade...

B-Mac and Juan Uribe for Miguel Tejada + cash... I'd consider

There is no way TB would trade crawford since hes gonna be cheap till 2008. TB will likely trade him after the 07 season though

I think the problem is that Crawford is basically the senior member of a very young and good outfield. If the Rays want to go cheap, then they will trade Crawford and keep the kids that are coming up. Plus, Rocco Baldelli just signed a bigger deal than Crawford, and the rumor is that Crawford was not happy with that.

I would love to have that guy on the Sox. I think he would take his game to the next level if he were part of the White Sox next year.