Sox could offer best package for Tejada

SSH2005

Bruce Levine just reported on ESPN 1000 that MLB sources think that the Sox are putting together a monster package to bag another big player, Miguel Tejada. The Sox could try to put together a package of McCarthy, Uribe, and prospects for Tejada.

Edited by SSH2005

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

BTW NO

Just curious, but why not?

McCarthy won't be in a starting rotation of Buehrle, Contreras, Garcia, Vazquez, and Garland. Uribe won't be needed if we get Tejada. Why do you not like Tejada? Just a question.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:22 AM)
Bruce Levine just reported on ESPN 1000 that MLB sources think that the Sox are putting together a monster package to bag another big player, Miguel Tejada.  The Sox could try to put together a package of McCarthy, Uribe, and prospects for Tejada.

Oh funk dat shiznit. Put Garland's wanting to test the market ass on a plane, not McCarthy.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:35 AM)
Levine is full of s***.  Pretty simple, no way in hell this happens

I think you're right. It would be a pretty interesting team. We probably wouldn't hear the term smallball anymore with a heart of the order you see in All Star games. What would the payroll be?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 10:35 AM)
Levine is full of s***.  Pretty simple, no way in hell this happens

The O's have always known to covet big name players and overpay for them so maybe they would be interested in Garland instead of BMac. Garland is still very young (27?) so its not like they can't rebuild with him. Which prospects????

Having Tejada hitting out of the 3, 4 or 5 hole with Thome or Konerko would be unbelievable. But again we are becoming the recent Sox teams with station to station baserunners and power in the middle. Juan Uribe was great for us and it would suck to lose him but you're talking about Tejada here...this guys a stud.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 02:40 PM)
Well, I love Tejada. Fathom, Miguel Tejada is the Albert Pujols/Miguel Cabrera of his position, except he plays defense very good as well. I doubt this happens. Correction, I'm 99.9% sure this doesn't happen.

Yeah, after a little more thought, I would be thrilled if Tejada came here. He's a great player, and if we keep spending money the way we are, JR would just have to sign a starting pitcher in a few years when the positions open up.

Just curious, but why not?

McCarthy won't be in a starting rotation of Buehrle, Contreras, Garcia, Vazquez, and Garland. Uribe won't be needed if we get Tejada. Why do you not like Tejada? Just a question.

WE are not the Yankees/REd Sox we need to have our farm system produce some form of talent, we can't afford to have a bidding wars with players. B-mac has proven that he has the talent to start in the big leagues, there is no reason to trade a very talented young CHEAP, SP for a SS a postion that is already filled.

Now we can talk about the downgrade in Def, that Tejada would bring to the SOX. we have already lost our starting CF, we can't afford to lose anything else on D.

Personally I would see if we can make a deal to get Rowand back! Garland for Rowand and Gio! Its a pipe dream..I know.

This is hilarious, people are saying don't get the very best SS in baseball because we have to give up a SS and a pitcher, and also we have people who are afraid of payroll like it's their own money.

Unreal.

This is Miguel Tejada, people.

One thing the 2005 White Sox had was incredible luck with their starting pitchers health. They only used 6 starters the entire season. Chances are one or more of these guys are going to go down for a while this season, and in future seasons. To trade BMac would be silly. He is cheap and will be for a few years. There isn't much in the minors right now you would want to see on the mound at USCF in 2006 spot starting, or filling in for an injured starter.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:45 AM)
We should get OC for our shortstop instead!

Seriously, I don't want to give up Brandon.

Well most of our pitching are beginning their primes or are younger than that. If we deal McCarthy for a Tejada, this would be a trade gearing for several more World Series runs.

Also, now that we dealt Vizcaino, something tells me that if this deal was done, one of their relievers would be added like a dare I say, LaTroy Hawkins or a Jorge Julio.

What?!  How could you not want MIGUEL TEJADA?!?!

Who cares if they trade McCarthy.  He pitched well for 2 months.  Tejada is an MVP at one of the hardest positions to fill.

This team with Tejada would be sick.

You said it WAY better than I did, nicely played.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:44 AM)
And thats why this thread should not get much better. Miggy is a GREAT PLAYER, and an y team would be lucky to get him. However, he contract is similar to Konerko. Were not going to add that, espcailly with just McCarthy and Uribe going....

It can work If We turned around and shipped vasquez or If Freddy was in the deal.

QUOTE(JimH @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:48 AM)
This is hilarious, people are saying don't get the very best SS in baseball because we have to give up a SS and a pitcher, and also we have people who are afraid of payroll like it's their own money.

Unreal.

This is Miguel Tejada, people.

Damn right.

And Miguel Tejada is at least as good as Uribe on his worst day defensively.