Sox could offer best package for Tejada

SSH2005

QUOTE(heirdog @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:40 AM)
The O's have always known to covet big name players and overpay for them so maybe they would be interested in Garland instead of BMac.  Garland is still very young (27?) so its not like they can't rebuild with him.  Which prospects????

Having Tejada hitting out of the 3, 4 or 5 hole with Thome or Konerko would be unbelievable.  But again we are becoming the recent Sox teams with station to station baserunners and power in the middle.  Juan Uribe was great for us and it would suck to lose him but you're talking about Tejada here...this guys a stud.

I would rather have Uribe. Uribe is a better value as a player, and as a clubhouse leader on this team. No way in hell would I pull off this terrible trade. If he pulls two horrible trades in two days, I will lose alot of confidence in his dealings.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather have Uribe.  Uribe is a better value as a player, and as a clubhouse leader on  this team.  No way in hell would I pull off this terrible trade.  If he pulls two horrible trades in two days, I will lose alot of confidence in his dealings.

Okay, I can understand people not wanting to trade away McCarthy but worrying about losing Uribe when you are getting Tejada? No offence but that's ridiculous.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 10:17 AM)
Okay, I can understand people not wanting to trade away McCarthy but worrying about Uribe when you are getting Tejada?  No offence but that's ridiculous.

Agreed, having Tejada versus Uribe is a no-brainer. I'm worried about trading McCarthy, because I think he could be an f'ing stud. We could especially use him if we might lose Garland or Contreras next year.

QUOTE(quickman @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 09:01 AM)
Jim, This is why I don't post anymore. Why in the world would we want the best shortstop in baseball and a top ten player in the game. We couldn't lose our precious Brandon Mcarthy. Why would we want to add payroll to get better players. Silly just silly

I bet people were saying those sort of things when ranking the sox last year. And watching our hot streaks. "BUt they dont have any top ten players, where are the superstars". I think we have proven that names and status means NOTHING when putting together a team. Frankly I think that the balance of attitude, leadership, and building for the future was what helped us succeed. Now we are mortgaging our minor league system, trading away our bullpen strength, and now EVERYONE, including you, want to bring back overpriced mashers. NO THANKS!!! I would rather have my selfless, defensive team who won me a championship, thanks.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 09:17 AM)
Okay, I can understand people not wanting to trade away McCarthy but worrying about losing Uribe when you are getting Tejada?  No offence but that's ridiculous.

How is that ridiculous? We are not the yankess, we have to worry about payroll. Uribe is a better value, he is young, he is cheap, he is a leader, he is the field general. I would rather have the team we have now, and Uribe than the team we would have with Tejada, bar none.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 10:13 AM)
I LOVE Brandon McCarthy and am pissed the Sox traded Chris Young, but McCarthy and Uribe for Tejada is a no-brainer.  I mean, not even a second of thought on that one.

Of course, I would love it even more if the Sox shipped Vazquez and Uribe to Baltimore for Tejada.

Ha I'd love that deal.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 03:20 PM)
How is that ridiculous?  We are not the yankess, we have to worry about payroll.  Uribe is a better value, he is young, he is cheap, he is a leader, he is the field general.  I would rather have the team we have now, and Uribe than the team we would have with Tejada, bar none.

Out of curiosity, where did you hear Uribe was a team leader? From everything I've heard, Timo's basically his spokesperson.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 09:22 AM)
Out of curiosity, where did you hear Uribe was a team leader?  From everything I've heard, Timo's basically his spokesperson.

Watching him on the field, in the celebrations, and by speaking with members of the team. If thats the best thing that you want to debate then we have no debate.

Uribe is a better value to me. Tejada makes ALOT more money, we have to worrry about budget and what we give up for Tejada. Uribe makes more sense for this midmarket team.

Edited by RockRaines

How is that ridiculous?  We are not the yankess, we have to worry about payroll.  Uribe is a better value, he is young, he is cheap, he is a leader, he is the field general.  I would rather have the team we have now, and Uribe than the team we would have with Tejada, bar none.

Uribe is not even close to half the player that Tejada is. It's not even close, and I like Uribe.

The Carpetbomber is on now...

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)
BTW, has anyone stopped to think this trade doesn't make sense.  All indications are that KW will ship out Garland or Contreras if he feels they won't sign an extension.  Thus, it would make a lot more sense that Garland will get traded to a team.

I can't see the Sox giving up McCarthy.

Crap, this is interesting. I love Tejada so honestly I can't see any reason not to get him. Still, I'd find it odd we'd send Bmac and not Garland or Contreras.

Simply becuase it sounded like Kenny was worried about who they would get. But man, I've never seen such an off-season. How the hell am I supposed to study for my remaining 3 finals, lol.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
Watching him on the field, in the celebrations, and by speaking with members of the team.  If thats the best thing that you want to debate then we have no debate.

Uribe is a better value to me.  Tejada makes ALOT more money, we have to worrry about budget and what we give up for Tejada.  Uribe makes more sense for this midmarket team.

Rock...in no way am I trying to debate this with you. I saw you post something similar about Uribe the other day, and I was going to ask you then. I just wanted to know if you had heard more than I had. Thanks for the info.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 09:24 AM)
Uribe is not even close to half the player that Tejada is.  It's not even close, and I like Uribe.

The Carpetbomber is on now...

Player to player, theres no comparison, but value to value, there is. We have limited payroll, we would have to give up one of our young pitchers and maybe deplete our minor league system even more. I would rather not.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 09:08 AM)
Exactly. Let's not get emotionally attached with players. Hell, I see more people attached around here with guys like Baj and McCarthy than I saw them with Frank.

Tejada >> McCarthy & Uribe right now. And guess what guys, we're trying to win right now.

The White Sox won with Uribe. I think its very unfair for anyone to make a statement that being against trading BMac, Uribe, and prospects for Tejada basically means you know nothing about baseball. Tejada obviously is one of the best players in the game and obviously would be a huge addition to any team that acquired him. However, as the Yankees have proven over the past 5 seasons, a superstar at every position guarantees you nothing. You need pitching. God bless JR if he is opening up the checkbook and is willing to have a payroll over $100 million. The bottom line is even with Tejada, Konerko, Thome, Dye etc. the most important aspect of your team is going to be pitching. Buerhle, Garcia, Garland, Contreras, and Vazquez is a great starting 5, maybe the best 5 in baseball, but you have to now be concerned with the bullpen. Marte, and Vizcaino are gone. Hermanson is a huge question mark. Everyone loves Jenks but he has twice had problems with his elbow and I believe is pitching with a screw in it. Politte hasn't been very consistent his entire career, and then Cotts who looks like he could be a star. I think the White Sox remaining resources should be used shoring up the bullpen. Of course, if money is no object then go ahead and trade for Tejada, and spend some more on the bullpen.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)
BTW, has anyone stopped to think this trade doesn't make sense.  All indications are that KW will ship out Garland or Contreras if he feels they won't sign an extension.  Thus, it would make a lot more sense that Garland will get traded to a team.

I hope you're right. I dont want to lose BMac. I can accept losing one of those two more. However, I'd rather lose Garland.

Maybe they can give us a reliever in that package?

Secondly, I would rather include Crede over Uribe, because Crede most likely wont re-up with us, and the O's def wanted to get Mora out of the 3B position. But please Kenny, stop trading away our farm system!! You already gave away our best arm, now our best hitter, please stop.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
Player to player, theres no comparison, but value to value, there is.  We have limited payroll, we would have to give up one of our young pitchers and maybe deplete our minor league system even more.  I would rather not.

How limited is the payroll really? They won a World Series which generated tons of money in extra ticket sales, concessions, and merchandise.

Season tickets are flying out the door at a hig rate and will probably even go faster if they got Tejada.

I don't think money is really that big of a problem for this team right now. Winning again will just generate more revenue.

Maybe they can give us a reliever in that package?

Secondly, I would rather include Crede over Uribe, because Crede most likely wont re-up with us, and the O's def wanted to get Mora out of the 3B position.  But please Kenny, stop trading away our farm system!! You already gave away our best arm, now our best hitter, please stop.

Holy s***, If I beleived in hell.. I would think it just froze over.. I agree 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000%