Sox could offer best package for Tejada

SSH2005

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, did anyone just hear that short clip of an interview with KW regarding Garland on ESPN 1000?

Kenny said that Garland and his agent are intent on testing the free agent market after 2006 and that the Sox won't try to offer him any more contracts. Then the interviewer asked KW if the Sox will try to offer Garland a contract when he is officially a free agent and KW said, "I don't know if it will even get that far."

Sounds like Garland is a goner.

Edited by SSH2005

So I take it Levine didn't have any information regarding possible trades involving Garland, besides for Tejada?

No, you are correct, he didn't.

He said the White Sox could offer the most flexible package for Tejada, and said if Baltimore wanted strictly to go young, the Cubs would have a shot with all the prospects they have. Silvy once again tried to steer the conversation to the Cubs, nothing new there.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 10:02 AM)
Wow, did anyone just hear that short clip of an interview with KW regarding Garland on ESPN 1000?

Kenny said that Garland and his agent are intent on testing the free agent market after 2006 and that the Sox won't try to offer him any more contracts.  Then the interviewer asked KW if the Sox will try to offer Garland a contract when he is officially a free agent and KW said, "I don't know if it will even get that far."

Crappers. I think it's safe to say that after this year, HE GAWN! I liked Garland too. Is Scott Boras' little brother his agent or something?

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 10:09 AM)
Crappers. I think it's safe to say that after this year, HE GAWN! I liked Garland too. Is Scott Boras' little brother his agent or something?

Garland was our best pitcher this year, I dont want to see him go. EVen on the FA market I think he makes less than Vazquez.

Man are you running for Politics? Dodge and misdirect..

Question is very simple.. Who was the best player in baseball at his position for the 2005 White Sox?

No actually I hate politics, like that running nonsense about KW you were running last year.

You still can't construct a logical question. The best player in baseball is a lot different from the best player at his position for the 2005 White Sox.

Do you mean, "who was the best position player for the 2005 White Sox?". If so, my answer would be Pierzynski. Uribe 2nd, Crede 3rd, that is if we're talking defensively.

I will ask myself a question now. "Who is the best all around SS in baseball?" Tejada is the answer.

I will ask myself another question. "Why am I debating baseball with someone who was so obviously and incredibly misguided and wrong before and during the 2005 White Sox season?". The answer is, I have no clue as to why.

Please see your signature about Williams.

Repeat as necessary.

Thanks.

I dont know if Garland ever felt that Chicago was his true home, if you think about it. He had to hate it when Manuel was the coach, the guy had no plan for Garland and no faith in him. Then he almost gets traded for Erstad, gets killed by the press for not caring, and doesnt complain about anything. I think he enjoyed his time here, but I wont be surprised when he goes elsewhere, either through a trade or free agency. I never thought he would stick around past his free agency years anyways. I would like to see him put together a "contract-year" type of season, however. I think keeping Garland next year would be very beneficial for the Sox in 2006, but you cant let that kind of talent walk. I dont think his value will be any higher for the Sox to unload him though.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)
I dont know if Garland ever felt that Chicago was his true home, if you think about it.  He had to hate it when Manuel was the coach, the guy had no plan for Garland and no faith in him.  Then he almost gets traded for Erstad, gets killed by the press for not caring, and doesnt complain about anything.  I think he enjoyed his time here, but I wont be surprised when he goes elsewhere, either through a trade or free agency.  I never thought he would stick around past his free agency years anyways.  I would like to see him put together a "contract-year" type of season, however.  I think keeping Garland next year would be very beneficial for the Sox in 2006, but you cant let that kind of talent walk.  I dont think his value will be any higher for the Sox to unload him though.

It won't.

Kenny said that Garland and his agent are intent on testing the free agent market after 2006 and that the Sox won't try to offer him any more contracts.  Then the interviewer asked KW if the Sox will try to offer Garland a contract when he is officially a free agent and KW said, "I don't know if it will even get that far."

I think as soon as the Vazquez trade becomes Offical..He can pack his bags, he never wanted to be here in the first place.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)
I think as soon as the Vazquez trade becomes Offical..He can pack his bags, he never wanted to be here in the first place.

ESPNews has changed their breaking news corner from "Report:Vazquez traded to White Sox" to "Vazquez traded to White Sox", TIFWIW

Can you please list the FA pitchers next year?  Please explain how Garland would be the best on that list, thanks

Garland's age and durability would be a huge reason that he'd be at the top of the list. Garland will be a 27 year old pitcher that has never had a history of injury (knock on wood) when he is a free agent. An injury-plagued and older A.J. Burnett got a 5-year, $55 million deal. What do you think Garland is going to get?

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 11:29 AM)
Can you please list the FA pitchers next year?  Please explain how Garland would be the best on that list, thanks

How about you print me a list of the contracts that people have been getting in the free agent market the last two seasons and you explain to me how Garland won't get a better deal than the great majority of them?

QUOTE(Adam G @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:26 AM)
Oh funk dat shiznit.  Put Garland's wanting to test the market ass on a plane, not McCarthy.

Yea!! And maybe we can take back Paul's contract and send his ass also since he did the same thing.

:rolly

QUOTE(JimH @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:48 AM)
This is hilarious, people are saying don't get the very best SS in baseball because we have to give up a SS and a pitcher, and also we have people who are afraid of payroll like it's their own money.

Unreal.

This is Miguel Tejada, people.

What's unreal is that you didn't see this coming. :lolhitting

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 09:20 AM)
How is that ridiculous?  We are not the yankess, we have to worry about payroll.  Uribe is a better value, he is young, he is cheap, he is a leader, he is the field general.  I would rather have the team we have now, and Uribe than the team we would have with Tejada, bar none.

Hu...?? He can't even hold a conversation with 95% of the team and staff.

Good grief.. Oh how I wish Crede had caught that damn ball. :headshake

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 10:51 AM)
Hu...?? He can't even hold a conversation with 95% of the team and staff.

Good grief..  Oh how I wish Crede had caught that damn ball.  :headshake

Oddly this Tejada character seems to have a real good glove. And he can also hit for average, drive in runs, and has power and wants to win. Why oh why would we want that.