Good or Bad Trade?

kevin57

Is the El Duque/Viz/Young for Vazquez Trade a good or bad move?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Is the El Duque/Viz/Young for Vazquez Trade a good or bad move?

• Great Move
    • I'll wait and see
    • Terrible Trade

I like it.

Sure El Duque was a clutch guy in the playoffs with a cool leg kick but c'mon dumping his salary is huge and he would not help us significantly anyway.

Vizcaino was the last RH out of the pen and is replacable to say the very least.

Chris Young, now that's a loss that hurts.

I still like it.

Although it may depend on what KW turns Garland into.

Edited by WHarris1

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Wedge @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
So is our rotation now the Killer J's?

Javier

Jon

Jose

Killer Js... good... I like the deal If we do deal Garland for some relief pitchers and all other deals from that point forward could we start getting some high grade prospects back. If we don't get prospects back KW will look brilliant for a while but down the road we'll have to buy players. WE will have no one in our farm system like the yankees and cubs. :cheers Edited by forrestg

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
I like it.

Sure El Duque was a clutch guy in the playoffs with a cool leg kick but c'mon dumping his salary is huge and he would not help us significantly anyway.

Vizcaino was the last RH out of the pen and is replacable to say the very least.

Chris Young, now that's a loss that hurts.

I still like it.

Although it may depend on what KW turns Garland into.

hopefully a contract extension

QUOTE(forrestg @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
Killer Js... good... I like the deal  If we do deal Garland for some relief pitchers and all other deals from that point forward could we start getting some  high grade prospects back.  If we don't get prospects back KW will look brilliant for a while but down the  road we'll have to buy  players will have  no one in our farm system like the yankees and cubs.  :cheers

i am gonna make a sig with that. Garland, Vazquez, and Contreras.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
I agree and disagree. I know they have REAL high expectations of Anderson, but what if? What if he doesnt pan out? Ownes is fast, but has no power. Sweeney has no power or speed. young has both power (i was suprise to read he had 20+ HRs last year) and speed.

EXACTLY!! You don't give up players with the caliber of Young 26 Homers 42 doubles and 30 steals. Wow Az got them selves a good one.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
Joe Borchard had great numbers in the Minors.  Young is a prospect and prospects are suspects until proven otherwise.

Comparing prospects is like comparing apples and oranges. Each one is different..

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
Joe Borchard had great numbers in the Minors.  Young is a prospect and prospects are suspects until proven otherwise.

You can't just throw Borchard's name out there forever. There has to be a real comparison before you use his name.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)

I have seen CY all year long and let me tell you he and Borchard are not even in the same league. Power, Speed, Defense the complete package.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
You can't just throw Borchard's name out there forever. There has to be a real comparison before you use his name.

Borchard had pretty good speed when he was in the Minors. He had monster power (still has that) and hit for a good average. What about Olivo? He was supposed to be the next Pudge Rodriguez. Never happened. Jeremy Reed?

QUOTE(Ricky3353 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 03:21 PM)
this deal really shows the sox' intolerence of Scott Boras-Garland's agent. I heard the sox initally offered a 3 yr 24 mil deal, and boras and garland declined. Also, How good is Chris Young? Who would be his MLB comparison? From what i heard he sounds like juan pierre.

Borass isn't Garland's agent... It is Craig Landis, who is also PKs agent.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 03:22 PM)
Borchard had pretty good speed when he was in the Minors.  He had monster power (still has that) and hit for a good average.  What about Olivo?  He was supposed to be the next Pudge Rodriguez.  Never happened.  Jeremy Reed?

They are different people. Different prospects. Different talents. Completely different.

And Reed did well last year for a rooke in Safeco.. whats your point?

QUOTE(Ricky3353 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 02:21 PM)
this deal really shows the sox' intolerence of Scott Boras-Garland's agent. I heard the sox initally offered a 3 yr 24 mil deal, and boras and garland declined. Also, How good is Chris Young? Who would be his MLB comparison? From what i heard he sounds like juan pierre.

Boras is Crede's agent though.

QUOTE(Felix @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
They are different people.  Different prospects.  Different talents.  Completely different.

And Reed did well last year for a rooke in Safeco.. whats your point?

141 488 61 124 33 3 3 45 12 .254 .322 .352

Not great stats. Also Olivo was supposed to be the next best catcher in baseball.