Just a way out there thought...

southsider2k5

I'm not a fan of going after Griffey. If I'm dealing Garland, I'd rather offer him up for Ichiro or another very good player that doesn't have history of injuries. Plus I don't think Griff can play center (who knows if Ichiro could either).

If I'm dealing Garland, I'm getting a CFer (or Tejada cause Tejada is the man) thats signed for a few years and is already good (must be able to play some D) and a bullpen arm (a good one).

Mark Kotsay and Duerscherer or Kiki Calero would make sense, but I don't know if the A's would want Garland (although Beane has never had a problem taking guys with a year left on there contracts). Especially cause over the long run he'd be saving cash. He could also want a guy like Brian Anderson.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 03:02 PM)
Mark Kotsay and Duerscherer or Kiki Calero would make sense, but I don't know if the A's would want Garland (although Beane has never had a problem taking guys with a year left on there contracts).  Especially cause over the long run he'd be saving cash.  He could also want a guy like Brian Anderson.

Then he can kiss Kenny's ass (well actually he may like that so no he can't). Why would we give up Brian Anderson and one of our 4 horsemen for essentially Aaron Rowand (slightly better offense, slightly worse defense and more expensive) and a middle reliever? Garland has to net us more and I hope its either part of a blockbuster (Tejada) or some stud prospects (catcher, pitcher, infield).

I liked the idea initially of getting Kotsay and Duscherer or Calero for Garland but I think Garland can get us more (stud prospect) and certainly not cost us our #1 prospect (Anderson) as well.

I like Griffey, but with Thome in the picture, I think playing CF for a full season isn't going to happen. I do like the Ichiro idea, although it would really be something if Seattle traded him. It is going to be interesting to see how the Sox fill up the open spots in their bullpen. Will 2006 be the year of Baj?

QUOTE(heirdog @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
Then he can kiss Kenny's ass (well actually he may like that so no he can't).  Why would we give up Brian Anderson and one of our 4 horsemen for essentially Aaron Rowand (slightly better offense, slightly worse defense and more expensive) and a middle reliever?  Garland has to net us more and I hope its either part of a blockbuster (Tejada) or some stud prospects (catcher, pitcher, infield).

I liked the idea initially of getting Kotsay and Duscherer or Calero for Garland but I think Garland can get us more (stud prospect) and certainly not cost us our #1 prospect (Anderson) as well.

I didn't say both, rather one or the other.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
I didn't say both, rather one or the other.

Oh. The "he could also want a guy like Anderson" threw me off as if you meant to say "he could also want a guy like Anderson added into the deal." Yea, straight up would be interesting and if they sweetened the pot with a middle reliever, it might be doable but I like the upside of Anderson (who could help us in '06 as well) over Kotsay.