Bush takes the blame for bad Iraq intel.

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/14/bush.iraq/index.html

I guess the buck really does stop with him after all.

Just 2 years after the fact and trying to throw every excuse under the sun out there, it is good to see him finally owning up to that mantra of personal responsibility.

you mean that bush accually amited he was wrong... oh wait... not really.

stop the press

heh

"It is true that much of the intelligence turned out to be wrong,'' Bush said today in the final speech in a series intended to outline his Iraq strategy. ``Given Saddam's history and the lessons of September the 11th, my decision to remove Saddam Hussein was the right decision.''

QUOTE(TheHawkaroo @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 03:44 PM)
Bush admitting he is wrong doesn't do anything for the situation. Fact of the matter is he probably knew it was wrong all along and just used it as a reasoning for war so he and his oil buddies could start splitting up the middle east.

Rediculous. Go buy yourself a clue.

i think splitting up is too harsh of a term. "having a better control over" would be much more accurate.

Let's face it.. if this administration was really concerned about "possible threats" to the US, wouldn't we have been all over N. Korea years ago?

On a sidenote, isn't communist countries holidng US Debt a threat to our national security?

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)
i think splitting up is too harsh of a term. "having a better control over" would be much more accurate.

Let's face it.. if this administration was really concerned about "possible threats" to the US, wouldn't we have been all over N. Korea years ago?

On a sidenote, isn't communist countries holidng US Debt a threat to our national security?

By splitting up I mean installing a democratic goverment, which means letting our businesess move in and take over the market.

That's nice, but I never blamed Bush for the bad intel. How about the guys that fed him the wrong info taking a hike? How about we learn from this and figure out how not to make this mistake again? Not just this administration, but future ones as well. I have a lot of respect for Dubya in several areas. But when guys start taking blame for s*** that happened several layers beneath them, they seem to be placating some element of society.

I am not criticizing him for the statement, I don't think it needed to be made by him. I think it needed to be made by the people who actually delivered the wrong information.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 11:54 PM)
That's nice, but I never blamed Bush for the bad intel. How about the guys that fed him the wrong info taking a hike? How about we learn from this and figure out how not to make this mistake again? Not just this administration, but future ones as well. I have a lot of respect for Dubya in several areas. But when guys start taking blame for s*** that happened several layers beneath them, they seem to be placating some element of society.

I am not criticizing him for the statement, I don't think it needed to be made by him. I think it needed to be made by the people who actually delivered the wrong information.

Do you have a fever, Tex? :P

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 06:54 PM)

Apologies and "taking personal responsibility" tends to mean little if things aren't being changed to make sure it doesn't happen again. Some people need to get the s*** can.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 06:04 PM)
Do you have a fever, Tex?  :P

Here's Tex's view of government. You have lifers and you have politicians and their leeches.

These mistakes were made by the lifers that have been there for months, years, and decades. They were brought on during Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush terms. In a few years they will have pictures of The Hammer on their walls. Or Hillary, maybe McCain. They don't care. It don't matter whose signing the checks, they go to work. Now I can't blame any of the before mentioned Heads of State for the information they received being wrong from these lifers.

Now if Bush would like to say, I made a bad decision, based on bad information, we're getting closer to him actually taking responsibility for something he did.

Now when Dubya or any head of state takes responsibility for one of the politicians he brings in and the patronage workers, now I don't mind a I screwed up, the buck stops here. These are his people or his people's people. They brought them, he owns them, and he can take responsibility.

If the hat fits wear it, if not try another. It's my opinion.