If/When Garland Is Moved

AddisonStSox

What would you like to see in return?

I'm very interested as to what you all think.

Spitballing: Kenny can go into the season with Garland and Vazquez on the staff, putting McCarthy in the pen and dangling Garland at the trade deadline, or trade him before ST.

Does he re-stock on the prospects(doubtful, apparently they have been expendable as of late)?

Does he find bullpen arms?

Does he find another bat(CF)?

I'm interested.

After paying huge prices (in terms of prospects) to get Thome and Vazquez, I'll be disappointed if KW doesn't get equal value for Garland.  Garland should be a huge trade chip right now.

Garland is essentially a one year rental, unless he's traded to some team where he'll sign an extension, or at the least be very willing to consider one.

That has the Dodgers written all over it. They could possibly trade for Garland and work out a contract.

If the White Sox are able to pull off a Garland/Uribe deal for Miguel Tejada, KW should be executive of the year 2006 in advance. Meaning, Garland's value is as a one year starter as it stands right now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)
After paying huge prices (in terms of prospects) to get Thome and Vazquez, I'll be disappointed if KW doesn't get equal value for Garland.  Garland should be a huge trade chip right now.

I'm with you. As I've posted elswhere :ph34r: , this trade becomes much easier to stomach if you look big-picture. I think I was unable to see the forest through the trees.

If Garland is not on the five-year board, and you have the opportunity to acquire someone with front-of-the-rotation stuff for under $8M in this market, you've done quite well--albeit at the loss of your finest prospect(s).

What he'll be used for, I'm not quite sure. But, I'm hoping Kenny goes against this recent trend of under-valuing one's own players to net the exact player one wants.

Garland SHOULD be looked at as one of the best players available...period...anything else and I think the organization made a mistake.

holy s***!

it just now sunk in with me exactly HOW MUCH trade intrest garland will be generating from other GMs around the leauge...... i could see the following teams inquiring about him:

phillies

yankees

red sox

rangers

mets

angles

cubs (HAHAHAHHAHAHA)

hold on.....

BWHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

HAHHAHAHAHA mother f***ing FUNNY AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHa

ok....

astros

cardnals

blue jays

athletics

padres

reds

tigers (beacuse they are the only ones stupid enough to ask in our division)

orilles

thats pretty insane

talk about having the captins hat on with a pocket PAIR of trip ACES

hahahaha

f***

i think we are under estimating what garland could bring in trade.

QUOTE(JimH @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 01:59 PM)
Garland is essentially a one year rental, unless he's traded to some team where he'll sign an extension, or at the least be very willing to consider one.

That has the Dodgers written all over it.  They could possibly trade for Garland and work out a contract.

If the White Sox are able to pull off a Garland/Uribe deal for Miguel Tejada, KW should be executive of the year 2006 in advance.  Meaning, Garland's value is as a one year starter as it stands right now.

If Williams was willing to give up Reed/Morse/Olivo for Garcia, midseason, in his contract year, there's no excuse for Garland netting us junk. I'd request a package similar to the Garcia deal, in the sense we'd be receiving one major league player and two prospects. If not LA, as you speculate, there has to be some team out there desperate for pitching yet not willing to commit a sizable contract. Isn't it about time for an organization to overpay for one of our players? Let's whore Garland for our advantage. It's obvious he's not going to be here, anyways.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)
If Williams was willing to give up Reed/Morse/Olivo for Garcia, midseason, in his contract year, there's no excuse for Garland netting us junk. I'd request a package similar to the Garcia deal, in the sense we'd be receiving one major league player and two prospects. If not LA, as you speculate, there has to be some team out there desperate for pitching yet not willing to commit a sizable contract. Isn't it about time for an organization to overpay for one of our players? Let's whore Garland for our advantage. It's obvious he's not going to be here, anyways.

We are in complete agreement. That was perfect. I couldn't have said that any better.

...especially not the last two sentences. ;)

I hope that it is LA, they have a great Farm system and the fact that Garland would love that pArk. I really like the Delywn Young, a 2b who needs 1 more year in the minors before getting a call to the show. I don't know what he bring Def to the table.

They pretty much knew Garcia would agree to a contract extension, that's the key element in this equation.

But of course, yes, it would be nice for some team to overpay.

What do the White Sox need right now, they need:

- a lefty reliever

- a mop up guy, aka a reasonably effective guy who can go multiple innings

- a 4th OF who can play all 3 spots

Arguably, all those can be had without trading Garland. Therefore if the tea leaves are correct and they're trading Garland, he goes for an upgrade at some position.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 02:09 PM)
holy s***!

it just now sunk in with me exactly HOW MUCH trade intrest garland will be generating from other GMs around the leauge...... i could see the following teams inquiring about him:

tigers (beacuse they are the only ones stupid enough to ask in our division)

:lolhitting

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:11 PM)

Here, Here!

Well said

QUOTE(JimH @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)

That has the Dodgers written all over it.  They could possibly trade for Garland and work out a contract.

If the White Sox are able to pull off a Garland/Uribe deal for Miguel Tejada, KW should be executive of the year 2006 in advance.  Meaning, Garland's value is as a one year starter as it stands right now.

Just look what Beane got for Mulder is all I have to say about that.