Crede and Garland to Texas?

GasHeGone

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 03:37 PM)
What everyone seems to forget with these rumors is that the Sox seem to have very little confidence in Crede's back condition.  When you take the injury, and combine that with negotiating with Boras, it seems very likely he'll get traded also.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Those are the things that push it over the edge. Without the back and contract issues, Blalock and Crede are close enough overall that one could argue it would be better to keep Crede. But when his back and his agent and his soon-to-be absurd contract situation are taken into account, I have to admit (thought I hate saying this), Blalock is a better option.

All that said, of course, it all depends on the deal we get in conjunction with Blalock/Crede.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
But my point is that evens out.

5 Million is ridiculous for a player that has a road OPS lower than Scott Podsednik for the last three years. And I'm aruging with a guy who think Podsednik sucks.

Yes, but his home OPS is better than Konerko's, so basically we would be getting a sweet bargain on him. Right?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 08:49 PM)
I agree that Garland will likely not be back. So you trade him for someone good. YOu don't trade him for a bad to average player that can't hit lefties and can't hit on the road. THat is the definition of not getting value.

Last offseason, we traded a big time slugging outfielder for one of the worst statistical outfielders in baseball. When you're in a position where you're determined to give up a player, you can't always hold out for top value.

The funny thing is that I think the Sox would have to give up both Garland and Crede for Blalock. Not for one second do I believe that the Rangers would include another MLB player in the deal, and I highly doubt a minor league top prospect would be included. They've wanted a ridiculous package for Blalock all along, and their new GM is Chuck LaMaar Jr.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 08:56 PM)
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

"Aware fo the situation. Whole world is aware of the situation."

Listen around 6:00.

But yah. KW is bluffing. Blah blah blah.

ftw

You really want to argue about the semantics of a person that has been notorious for overstating things in the press?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 02:54 PM)
Yes, but his home OPS is better than Konerko's, so basically we would be getting a sweet bargain on him.  Right?

5 Million is ridiculous for a player that has a road OPS lower than Scott Podsednik for the last three years. And I'm aruging with a guy who think Podsednik sucks.

?????

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 03:03 PM)
Jphat seems to use stats to show that our players are better than any players on any other team.  He can't seem to accept that players like Grady Sizemore and Hank Blalock are better than Scott Podsednik and Joe Crede.

But Timo has a higher OPS in a dome than Thome has against lefties, so obviously Timo should have been our DH.

For god sakes Timo's OPS is 790 when in domes!!!

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
And now lets put this thread to sleep.

Irony

Who posted in: Crede and Garland to Texas?

Poster Posts

RockRaines 49

nitetrain8601 47

SSH2005 44

JimH 25

fathom 21

quickman 21

AnthraxFan93 20

SoxFan1 19

Dick Allen 19

sircaffey 18

jphat007 17

Buehrle>Wood 12

Kalapse 10

SoxFan101 9

ZoomSlowik 9

Gene Honda Civic 8

southsideirish71 8

BHAMBARONS 7

bmags 7

Frank the Tank 35 7

tonyho7476 6

beck72 6

Jordan4life_2005 5

Tony82087 5

timotime 5

FGarcia34 5

Flash Tizzle 5

GasHeGone 4

Balta1701 4

maggsmaggs 4

Punch and Judy Garland 4

Felix 4

qwerty 4

spiderman 4

kapkomet 3

SEALgep 3

iWiN4PreP 3

ChWRoCk2 3

Pierzynski 12 3

VAfan 3

heirdog 3

TheHammer 3

shawnhillegas 3

GreatScott82 3

chisox2334 3

Rowand44 3

whitesoxfan13 2

KevHead0881 2

peanut33tillman 2

103 mph screwball 2

WHarris1 2

NorthSideSox72 2

3E8 2

WHITESOXRANDY 2

KWs OK for Me 2

drowninginflame 2

YASNY 2

S720 2

shakes 2

Athomeboy_2000 1

WilliamTell 1

IlliniKrush 1

G&T 1

OilCan 1

knightni 1

santo=dorf 1

EvilJester99 1

SleepyWhiteSox 1

Kenkait Sox Fan 1

SoxFan562004 1

WinninUgly 1

southsider2k5 1

elrockinMT 1

Chisoxrd5 1

WSFAN35 1

SpringfieldFan 1

Chisoxfn 1

wherehaveyougoneharold 1

Milkman delivers 1

Confederate_48 1

greasywheels121 1

marsh 1

sayitaintso 1

Al Lopez's Ghost 1

South Side Fireworks Man 1

chisoxgrl 1

greg775 1

bumptious96 1

southsida86 1

lukeman89 1

forrestg 1

DBAH0 1

GreenSox 1

SouthSide2004 1

DaGame2584 1

Mr. Showtime 1

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 03:03 PM)
Jphat seems to use stats to show that our players are better than any players on any other team.  He can't seem to accept that players like Grady Sizemore and Hank Blalock are better than Scott Podsednik and Joe Crede.

Thx Jabroni, talkin out your ass again. Just like you did the first time when you got banned. I did not say that about either [player. I said Blalock sucks on the road and it would be increidbly dumb to pretty much trade Garland for him.

And we've been through the Sizemore thing 100 times. Each time you make s*** up and look dumb for it.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 03:55 PM)
Thx Jabroni, talkin out your ass again. Just like you did the first time when you got banned. I did not say that about either [player. I said Blalock sucks on the road and it would be increidbly dumb to pretty much trade Garland for him.

And we've been through the Sizemore thing 100 times. Each time you make s*** up and look dumb for it.

Yet, you had nothing to say to me?

You are a stat manipulator, you will pick out a small portion of statistics from each player that prove your point. The best way to look at a player is their stats overall. Looking at just their home or away statistics in this situation is ridiculous. So what if someone hits badly on the road, he flat out rakes at home, better than our best hitter right now. Its is still part of who he is as a player. Your arguments seem to dodge that little bit of truth every time its called out.

Nothing I have said is untrue or made up.

In the past, you have stated that Podsednik is a better leadoff hitter than Sizemore. This is false because Sizemore will produce more runs in that role than Podsednik. Afterall, scoring runs is the most important thing for a leadoff hitter to do right?

Earlier in this thread you stated that Crede and Blalock were even players. Here's the post:

Defensively, Crede is better.  Offensively, Blalock is better.

not much either way. Therefore they are even.

This is also false as Blalock is clearly a better player than Crede. You shouldn't make statements if you intend to deny them later on in a debate. It ruins the credibility of your argument.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 04:54 PM)
Nothing I have said is untrue or made up.

In the past, you have stated that Podsednik is a better leadoff hitter than Sizemore.  This is false because Sizemore will produce more runs in that role than Podsednik.  Afterall, scoring runs is the most important thing for a leadoff hitter to do right?

Earlier in this thread you stated that Crede and Blalock were about even players.  Here's the post:

This is also false as Blalock is clearly a better player than Crede.  You shouldn't make statements if you intend to deny them later on in a debate.  It ruins the credibility of your argument.

No Blalock is not "clearly" the better player. That is your opinion. He is clearly the better player while playing in the ballpark at Arlington. Unfortunately, if he was on another team he would only play there 3 or 6 times next year.

And as I have stated numerous times, Pods is a better leadoff hitter, while Sizemore is a better overall hitter. You can't seem to comprehend that though. You just say, "oh, look at all those big numbers, he must be a better leadoff hitter." Either way its a matter of opinion and not fact, but you don't state it like that.

Quit putting stuff in people's mouths. No need for you to get run off of another board.......again.

Edited by jphat007

No Blalock is not "clearly" the better player. That is your opinion. He is clearly the better player while playing in the ballpark at Arlington. Unfortunately, if he was on another team he would only play there 3 or 6 times next year.

And as I have stated numerous times, Pods is a better leadoff hitter, while Sizemore is a better overall hitter. You can't seem to comprehend that though. You just say, "oh, look at all those big numbers, he must be a better leadoff hitter." Either way its a matter of opinion and not fact, but you don't state it like that.

Quit putting stuff in people's mouths. No need for you to get run off of another board.......again.

You stated that Crede and Blalock were even players. I quoted you above. Those were your words, not mine. Now you are trying to deny that you ever said it.

Does Sizemore produce more runs than Podsednik? Yes. I don't care if he doesn't steal bases like Podsednik. He produces more runs and that's why he's a better leadoff hitter. Do you want more stolen bases from your leadoff hitter or more runs? The answer is quite obvious.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
No Blalock is not "clearly" the better player. That is your opinion.

his opinion, most fans opinions, most scouts opinions, most GM's opinions, most managers opinion, most statistics show this. Guess you are the minority.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
You stated that Crede and Blalock were even players.  I quoted you above.  Those were your words, not mine.  Now you are trying to deny that you ever said it.

Exactly. I think they are even. What is the problem here. YOU are stating that it is clearly otherwise when it is not.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 05:17 PM)
his opinion, most fans opinions, most scouts opinions, most GM's opinions, most managers opinion, most statistics show this.  Guess you are the minority.

Most statistics? They show he is one of the worst hitters in the league away from Arlington.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
Okay, so you DO think that Crede = Blalock.  Just wanted to get it straight.

Exactly. What is so hard for you to understand. Jeez. This is why you pissed off everyone and their brother last year and got banned on two seperate freaking boards. Pay freaking attention to what I write or don't freaking respond. It's easy.