Crede and Garland to Texas?

GasHeGone

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
Most statistics? They show he is one of the worst hitters in the league away from Arlington.

You cant just eliminate half the games he plays to prove your point. His home batting perfomance is half of who he is. Stop trying to manipulate statistics to prove your point, it doesnt hold water.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 11:18 PM)
Most statistics? They show he is one of the worst hitters in the league away from Arlington.

Well, if we're going to use statistics, Pods should have never been batting against Lidge in the 9th inning of Game 2 because he was one of the worst clutch hitters in all of baseball.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)
You cant just eliminate half the games he plays to prove your point.  His home batting perfomance is half of who he is.  Stop trying to manipulate statistics to prove your point, it doesnt hold water.

THats fine. Add in him playing at home and he is an average player.

.809 OPS in one of, if not the best, hitting park in the league.

THats average to bad.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)
And I would predict about 98 pct of the executives in baseball.

No chance in hell.

And the ones that do are hoping that their coaches can turn him around. Just like all executives think their coaches can do.

Baseball execs are paid to project, and I can see why the White Sox might be intereseted in Blalock. He has tons of talent and is battling the inconsistency of youth.

I think the White Sox are also projecting with Garland and Crede.

Garland = turned down a contract extension and on the open market in 11 months.

Crede = cranky back and Scott Boras as his agent.

QUOTE(JimH @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 05:23 PM)
Baseball execs are paid to project, and I can see why the White Sox might be intereseted in Blalock.  He has tons of talent and is battling the inconsistency of youth.

I think the White Sox are also projecting with Garland and Crede.

Garland = turned down a contract extension and on the open market in 11 months.

Crede = cranky back and Scott Boras as his agent.

Exactly. And the reason no one has made some great bid to get him with that great contract is because the only thing that they are gaurenteed is a hitter that has a .707 OPS unless he gets to hit in one of hte best ballparks in the league. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

He can only be good when he hits in good hitters park.

Put him in Cleveland and he'll be lucky to have a .750 OPS.

So maybe he'd be good in Texas cause of his solid home OPS. But for any other team they are taking a huge risk because all he has shown so far in his career is tha the can hit at Arlington and sucks everywhere else. THats a HUGE qualification for a "good" player.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
THats fine. Add in him playing at home and he is an average player.

.809 OPS in one of, if not the best, hitting park in the league.

THats average to bad.

And what park does Crede play in??? I will give you a hint, one of the best hitters parks in ALL of the MLB. And his OPS is lower??? Thanks for playing. Secondly he is 25 years old, has a higher ceiling, is already a better offensive player and defensive player. You can try and section off his OPS in domes, grass, half seasons, playing with eye black, it doesnt change the fact that Blalock is a superior player.

Also nitetrain=Vafan=jphat IMO

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 05:26 PM)
Exactly. And the reason no one has made some great bid to get him with that great contract is because the only thing that they are gaurenteed is a hitter that has a .707 OPS unless he gets to hit in one of hte best ballparks in the league. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

He can only be good when he hits in good hitters park.

Put him in Cleveland and he'll be lucky to have a .750 OPS.

So maybe he'd be good in Texas cause of his solid home OPS. But for any other team they are taking a huge risk because all he has shown so far in his career is tha the can hit at Arlington and sucks everywhere else. THats a HUGE qualification for a "good" player.

How do you know that?? How has he hit when visiting other "hitters parks" All we know is that he plays well at home. What other teams has he played for? Huh? Just because he plays well at home does not mean it is park specific. Any idiot would know that.

No chance in hell.

And the ones that do are hoping that their coaches can turn him around. Just like all executives think their coaches can do.

Turn him around? Blalock's worst season was still as good as Crede's best season. What would these executives want their coaches to do to Crede then? Implant him with better hitting genes?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 05:27 PM)
And what park does Crede play in???  I will give you a hint, one of the best hitters parks in ALL of the MLB.  And his OPS is lower???  Thanks for playing.  Secondly he is 25 years old, has a higher ceiling, is already a better offensive player and defensive player.  You can try and section off his OPS in domes, grass, half seasons, playing with eye black, it doesnt change the fact that Blalock is a superior player.

Also nitetrain=Vafan=jphat  IMO

LOL. I assure you I am none of those posters. But I'm glad you just lump me in a category because I disagree with you.

Whatever you want to say and make up aqbout Blalock you can, but the one thing that is INDISPUTABLE, is that he is good in Texas, but sucks ass EVERYWHERE else.

Paul has a much better Home OPS than road, but his road is at least decent, and that is with one awful season that is obviously an exception.

Blalock had a terrible last 6 weeks of the season, I seem to recall he had some nagging injuries but not certain.

If the White Sox can somehow land him I will be ecstatic.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 05:28 PM)
How do you know that??  How has he hit when visiting other "hitters parks"  All we know is that he plays well at home.  What other teams has he played for?  Huh?  Just because he plays well at home does not mean it is park specific.  Any idiot would know that.

LOL. Nice. Now you call me an idiot. You know your argument is going to s*** when you start reaching for insults.

Thanks for playing.

BTW, I've said this before, but I think it's time to repeat it. An AL scout told a close friend of mine that Blalock's work ethic and attitude were really poor last season (reminds me of 2 guys we traded for last season). They think that the whole homer or nothing approach done by the Rangers has robbed Blalock of his tremendous hitting approach. The scout definitely thought the player needed a change of scenery.

QUOTE(JimH @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 11:30 PM)
Blalock had a terrible last 6 weeks of the season, I seem to recall he had some nagging injuries but not certain.

If the White Sox can somehow land him I will be ecstatic.

No doubt, I would much rather have Blalock than Crede. If we got him and he batted 6th in our order, you would have a terrific 3-4-5-6 in Thome/PK/Dye/Blalock. I think he's also a tremendous talent to be locked up to his contract.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 05:31 PM)
BTW, I've said this before, but I think it's time to repeat it.  An AL scout told a close friend of mine that Blalock's work ethic and attitude were really poor last season (reminds me of 2 guys we traded for last season).  They think that the whole homer or nothing approach done by the Rangers has robbed Blalock of his tremendous hitting approach.  The scout definitely thought the player needed a change of scenery.

At least I can argue with you still. We had differences in game threads, but at least you make sense and are capable of reading and arguing a point. Others just make s*** up and hurl insults.

I thank you for that fathom and appreciate you more than ever now, even if I think you are wrong most of the time.

:cheers

BTW, I've said this before, but I think it's time to repeat it.  An AL scout told a close friend of mine that Blalock's work ethic and attitude were really poor last season (reminds me of 2 guys we traded for last season).  They think that the whole homer or nothing approach done by the Rangers has robbed Blalock of his tremendous hitting approach.  The scout definitely thought the player needed a change of scenery.

I know ESPN's scouting reports are lame but they said the same thing. Blalock started to try to hit more homers instead of just linedriving the ball and his offensive numbers went down.

Edited by SSH2005

Isn't their hitting coach Rudy Jamarillo or something like that, the very respected hitting instructor? I don't get the homer-or-nothing comment, what's that about? Thanks.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 05:30 PM)
Whatever you want to say and make up aqbout Blalock you can, but the one thing that is INDISPUTABLE, is that he is good in Texas, but sucks ass EVERYWHERE  else.

Fenway-.538 .500 OBP 1.192 OPS

the cell. .417 .462 .962

Dolphins .308 .357 .742

Comerica .400 .400 1.000

Citizens .273 .385 1.021

Career

Dolphins- .435 .480 1.132

Hiram- .333 .429 1.095

Great American .273 .273 1.091

Citizens .273 .385 1.021

Turner -.385 .429 .967

Safeco- .289 .342 .935

The Cell .270 .325 .811

Kauffman- .298 .349 .788

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 05:31 PM)
LOL. Nice. Now you call me an idiot. You know your argument is going to s*** when you start reaching for insults.

Thanks for playing.

insult??? Thin skin perhaps? You have been dodging my posts the whole time, and that is your reply? Come on.

QUOTE(JimH @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 11:35 PM)
Isn't their hitting coach Rudy Jamarillo or something like that, the very respected hitting instructor?  I don't get the homer-or-nothing comment, what's that about?  Thanks.

I think it's basically how a lot of their players became the Rockies of the AL. By this, I mean how they all put up great numbers at home, but when they go on the road, they're unable to change their approach and really struggle.

Another thing with Blalock is that before last season, he was untouchable. Now, you can possibly get the Rangers to "sell low". I think it's definitely a move worth making, but I have seriously doubts it's even possible.