Giving props to Jerry Reinsdorf.

OilCan

I may catch a ton of flack for even saying this. But Jerry does deserve a lot of credit right now.

I won't say that he's given free reign to Kenny Williams to mold the team into a winner, but at least it doesn't look like he's a Bill Wirtz-alike either now. You won't here me complain that the Sox are only thinking about the bottom line; it's more like a "championship-caliber ballclub while preaching fiscal responsibility."

Great job Jerry, you deserve it after all these years.

It's about time!

:cheers

my uncle jim hates bill veeck. (great uncle, actually), everytime we play golf with him he talks aobut this trade he made for a wash senators first baseman that was god awful...

anyhoo

congrats jerry, i used tow ant you to sell, but now i don't. Isn't that a great compliment!?!?

You do have to give props to Jerry for making it possible for KW to make some moves that increased the payroll. Especially to KW too for getting it done.

I remember an interview where KW said that he felt that sox fans kind of lowered their expectations for just making the playoffs rather than go for it all. I thought about it at that time and I agreed because how many of us actually believed we would be winning a world series soon? Anytime WS and White Sox were joined in the same sentence we all just shrugged it off. Well now KW has showed us how he would like to do it and wants to keep his word by being aggressive.

Major props to both KW and JR for making it possible. I really look up to KW though, that guy put his neck on the line for this organization and succeeded. I am definitley looking to repeat over and over now that KW gave us some hope. :headbang :gosox1:

Your uncle should not hate Bill Veeck IMO.

Run this past him: Without Bill Veeck there are no Chicago White Sox.

The team would have moved.

That is not opinion, check the history books, it's fact.

Thanks Bill for the 2005 World championship. Without you, it's the Seattle White Sox.