Fantasy Football question?

Random

QUOTE(TimoandAaron @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
L. Johnson vs. NYG

McGahee vs. DEN.

or Caddilac vs Pats.

I need two.

and my playoff hopes rest upon your responses.

not even close, its

Larry Johnson, because he's a f***ing monster

and Cadillac vs. the Pats, bc Denver has decent run defense and McGahee has been a disappointment this year.

Similar dilemma... I have Shaun Alexander going, but who is going to be my second back.

Mike Anderson vs BUF

or my two newest additions, while everyone was sleeping

Ryan Moats vs STL

Cedric Houston vs MIA.

I'm leaning towards Anderson cause he's had big weeks for me in the past and I think he'll run over BUF, but the splitting carries s*** drives me nuts. Ryan Moats will probably get the majority of the carries against STL weak defense, but do I want to depend on a rookie in the first round of playoffs? uggh decisions decisions

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 12:31 PM)
Similar dilemma... I have Shaun Alexander going, but who is going to be my second back.

Mike Anderson vs BUF

Ryan Moats vs STL

Cedric Houston vs MIA.

I'm leaning towards Anderson cause he's had big weeks for me in the past and I think he'll run over BUF, but the splitting carries s*** drives me nuts.  Ryan Moats will probably get the majority of the carries against STL weak defense, but do I want to depend on a rookie in the first round of playoffs?  uggh decisions decisions

Help I'm agonizing over this decision. I need to be pushed one way or the other...............

Yeah I got some dilemmas too.

For RB I have:

Dillon, Portis, Carnell Williams, Fred Taylor and Rueben Droughns and no flex position so only 2 can start. Leaning towards Droughns and some one because of defensive match ups.

As for WR, I have to decide between Andre Johnson, Roy Williams, and Dante Stallworth for my 3rd spot (have Chad Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald Starting). Also have Darrel Jackson but dont like starting players right off injury.

Last is Trent Green versus Warner, think Im going with Warner.

SB

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)

Mike Anderson vs BUF

Ryan Moats vs STL

Cedric Houston vs MIA.

I'm leaning towards Anderson cause he's had big weeks for me in the past and I think he'll run over BUF, but the splitting carries s*** drives me nuts.  Ryan Moats will probably get the majority of the carries against STL weak defense, but do I want to depend on a rookie in the first round of playoffs?  uggh decisions decisions

Let me know what you decide between moats and houston because I have the same dilemna.

I need to choose between those 2 as my 2nd back. Let me know what anyone thinks as I have no clue about either but picked them up because they had good games and through injuries I'm left with no other choice to start with LT.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
Let me know what you decide between moats and houston because I have the same dilemna.

I need to choose between those 2 as my 2nd back.  Let me know what anyone thinks as I have no clue about either but picked them up because they had good games and through injuries I'm left with no other choice to start with LT.

I think I'm going with Moats...The backfield in Denver is too crowded and I can't afford another 1 point effort by Anderson. Hopefully Moats, who is very shifty, can break some big ones on the astroturf in the dome.

:huh :drink :pray

I have a question too:

Can only start to running backs out of these four:

Domanick Davis

Tiki Barber

Lamont Jordan

Warrick Dunn

Right now I am leaning towards Davis/Jordan, but Barber had a great game last week and Lamont did nothing. Dunn is playing Chicago and really he doesn't score too many touchdowns, so I most likely won't be playing him. What should I do?

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
I think I'm going with Moats...The backfield in Denver is too crowded and I can't afford another 1 point effort by Anderson.  Hopefully Moats, who is very shifty, can break some big ones on the astroturf in the dome. 

:huh  :drink  :pray

Well I took out Anderson and put Moats in on Friday and then chickened out Saturday afternoon and switched it back to Anderson. Always go with your first pick.

Anderson was the right call. He scored 19 and Moats only 11.

I kicked ass 117 - 76 and not that I need him, but I have Heap going tonight.

Here I come championship game!!!

QB - C. Palmer

WR - C. Johnson

WR - M. Harrison

RB - S. Alexander

RB - M. Anderson

TE - T. Heap

K - J. Wilkens

D - Carolina

Back ups in case some starters sit:

Drew Brees

Kurt Warner

Drew Bennett

Rod Smith

Ryan Moats

Cinci and Seattle are still playing for homefield so I think the only one that might not play is Harrison. Opponent has Tomlinson and Holt so it should be a tough matchup...

Edited by Controlled Chaos

Yes, I'm going to be in the championship game. I was the 4th seed and won by 40.

Freddy Taylor was the only guy to have a bad game. He was a last second starter over Warrick Dunn. Hasselbach had another great game for me, Rackers was solid, the Bears D rocked, Thomas Jones was good and all 3 of my WR's put up a TD (Roy Williams, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin). I even put Todd Heap on the bench today just as a safety maneuver (not that I think he'd get -40 points, lol).

What made things great. His team had Vick at the helm and I have the Bears D, Thomas Jones and Brian Urlacher. I figured it would come down to this game and it probably did.

His only good performer was Tiki who had a monstrous day on Saturday.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 11:14 AM)
Yes, I'm going to be in the championship game. I was the 4th seed and won by 40. 

Freddy Taylor was the only guy to have a bad game.  He was a last second starter over Warrick Dunn.  Hasselbach had another great game for me, Rackers was solid, the Bears D rocked, Thomas Jones was good and all 3 of my WR's put up a TD (Roy Williams, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin).  I even put Todd Heap on the bench today just as a safety maneuver (not that I think he'd get -40 points, lol). 

What made things great.  His team had Vick at the helm and I have the Bears D, Thomas Jones and Brian Urlacher.  I figured it would come down to this game and it probably did. 

His only good performer was Tiki who had a monstrous day on Saturday.

Fred Taylor is a bum...I traded him and Keenan McCardell for Marvin Harrison after week 5. Id say it worked out pretty good for me.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 01:16 PM)
Fred Taylor is a bum...I traded him and Keenan McCardell for Marvin Harrison after week 5.  Id say it worked out pretty good for me.

that trade shouldn't even be allowed. Is this for money? Is so, I'd be crying bulls*** in that league. McCardell and Taylor suck, and Marvin is on the hottest offensive team in the NFL.

I am in the championship game in both my leagues. Two wins would mean over $1000 in winnings. I also finished both leagues in first. I rule. :ph34r:

I'm in my championship game, should be a good matchup my team is;

McNair (Not the greatest, but puts up nothing less than 10 points a week

Tiki Barber

McGahee

L. Fitzgerald

Marvin Harrison (will monitor his status, will bench if they are going to rest)

C. Chambers

N. Kaeding

Ravens or St. Louis, depending on the matchup.

Going against:

T. Brady

Thomas Jones

Edge James

M.Muhammad

Jurevicius

Andre Johnson

Todd Peterson

Colts

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)
that trade shouldn't even be allowed.  Is this for money?  Is so, I'd be crying bulls*** in that league.  McCardell and Taylor suck, and Marvin is on the hottest offensive team in the NFL.

I am in the championship game in both my leagues.  Two wins would mean over $1000 in winnings.  I also finished both leagues in first.  I rule.  :ph34r:

Wait a minute Tony, how the hell shouldn't it be allowed. Forget your hindsight for a second......Harrison wasn't doing too much early this year and Indy's offense looked pretty dam enemic in general.

3 out of Harrison's first 5 weeks were just plain bad. He only scored 4, 8, and 2 points. I figured I could swindle a deal cause McCardell was pretty hot with 5 tuddy's in 5 games and F. Taylor had a couple of good games and everyone needs running backs.

The team that had Harrison benched him weeks 3 & 4, cause Indy was suckin and he was deep in WR, then Harrison had a big week in week 4 so the guy started him week 5 and he only got 2 catches for 17 yards. I knew the manager was probably fed up, so I pounced and proposed a trade while Marvin was at his lowest and my guys were at their highest. The guy accepted it. I call it good GMing....

It was fair. Harrison had 53 points over first 5 weeks. McCardell had 58 points over 5 weeks. Harrison's potential is greater than McCardell so to equal that out, I gave up a second tier running back in Fred Taylor. Now, this all could have screwed me and Harrison could have continued to do s*** like he did 3 out of the first 5 weeks, but it ended up working out for me.

As of right now Harrison has 191 pts in our league. McCardell and Taylor have combined for 205, so I'd say the trade has been pretty equal. It definitely worked out good for me, but it didn't warrant getting veto'd which is why it wasn't.