Fantasy Football question?

Random

Championship game for me but have some decisions:

QB (need 1): I had the worst luck with QB this year: Culpepper, Bulger and Leftwich all were my QBs at one point

McNair vs. Miami (opponent has Drew Bennett)

Garrard vs. Houston

RB (need 1 to go with Cadillac)

Moats vs. Arizona

Edge vs. Seattle (limited carries for sure)

Bettis vs. Cleveland

Marion Barber vs. Carolina

WR (need 1 to go with LFitz and Steve Smith)

Derrick Mason vs. Minnesota

Donte Stallworth vs. Detroit

Defense (need 1)

Patriots vs. NYJ

Dolphins vs. Tenn

Bucs vs. Atl

Kicker (need 1)

Vanderjagt vs. Seattle

Akers vs. Arizona

Rackers vs. Philly

Tynes vs. San Diego

The ones I am leaning towards are bolded. Any thoughts?

Little help please who should I start at QB and 2nd RB?And who wins the Super Bowl?

My Team

M Brunell or J McNown?

L Johnson

T Jones or R Johnson

T Holt

A Boldin

D Jackson

J Shockey

J Feeley

Bears ST

Keith Brooking

Brian Urlacher

Demarrio Williams

Alex Brown

Simeon Rice

Mike Brown

Adrian Wilson

His Team

C Palmer

C Dillon

J Jones

D Driver

Moose

A Toomer

A Gates

S Janikowski

Cardinals ST

Lance Briggs

James Farrior

Kirk Morrison

Derrik Burgess

Michael Strahan

Chris Carr

Darren Sharper

Can anyone tell me what playoff system is employed on your fantasy football league? I have a malcontent on my league who is going crazy because I had an 8 team playoff with no 1st week bye. He was the number one seed and lost to the 8 seed, and the guy is blowing a gasket calling the league unprofessional and such because it doesnt mimic the NFL close enough.

Now keep in mind that this is a league that I paid for(60 bucks) and there is no entry fee, so there is no pot. Yet, we had a little mini-bet in the league through the year on rookie contributions, and the same guy won the only monetary award that my league had to offer, which was best buy certificates that i paid for. And I still get complaints.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 21, 2005 -> 07:41 AM)
Can anyone tell me what playoff system is employed on your fantasy football league?  I have a malcontent on my league who is going crazy because I had an 8 team playoff with no 1st week bye.  He was the number one seed and lost to the 8 seed, and the guy is blowing a gasket calling the league unprofessional and such because it doesnt mimic the NFL close enough. 

Now keep in mind that this is a league that I paid for(60 bucks) and there is no entry fee, so there is no pot.  Yet, we had a little mini-bet in the league  through the year on rookie contributions, and the same guy won the only monetary award that my league had to offer, which was best buy certificates that i paid for.  And I still get complaints.

Well, we use a four team playoff system...ans it seems to work the best. It gives credit to the guys that have performed all year. I can see an 8 team playoff having a bye week, since you're letting almost all the teams make the playoffs, but tell that dude to chill. He knew the rules...He lost....tell him to get over it.

It's hard to have a bye cause most leagues, and I don't know if yours is the case, but most leagues end their season this week. Since the last week is a total mess with teams resting their players. If you were to have a bye week , you have to have 3 weeks of playoffs. So either you're playing week 17, when who the hell knows who's starting, or you're starting your playoffs week 14 shrinking your season by one game.

I'd say the best solution is go to a 4 team playoff next year, but either way this isn't even about money, so whats this guys problem...the fact still remains he got beat fair and square. Tell him to have a coke and a smile

QUOTE(heirdog @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 06:40 PM)
Championship game for me but have some decisions:

QB (need 1): I had the worst luck with QB this year: Culpepper, Bulger and Leftwich all were my QBs at one point

McNair vs. Miami (opponent has Drew Bennett)

Garrard  vs. Houston

RB (need 1 to go with Cadillac)

Moats vs. Arizona

Edge vs. Seattle (limited carries for sure)

Bettis vs. Cleveland

Marion Barber vs. Carolina

WR (need 1 to go with LFitz and Steve Smith)

Derrick Mason vs. Minnesota

Donte Stallworth vs. Detroit

Defense (need 1)

Patriots vs. NYJ

Dolphins vs. Tenn

Bucs vs. Atl

Kicker (need 1)

Vanderjagt vs. Seattle

Akers vs. Arizona

Rackers vs. Philly

Tynes vs. San Diego

The ones I am leaning towards are bolded.  Any thoughts?

I don't think you even need to think twice about any of your picks except kicker and that's just a crap shoot...Good Luck!!

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 21, 2005 -> 06:41 AM)
Can anyone tell me what playoff system is employed on your fantasy football league?  I have a malcontent on my league who is going crazy because I had an 8 team playoff with no 1st week bye.  He was the number one seed and lost to the 8 seed, and the guy is blowing a gasket calling the league unprofessional and such because it doesnt mimic the NFL close enough. 

Now keep in mind that this is a league that I paid for(60 bucks) and there is no entry fee, so there is no pot.  Yet, we had a little mini-bet in the league  through the year on rookie contributions, and the same guy won the only monetary award that my league had to offer, which was best buy certificates that i paid for.  And I still get complaints.

In both my 8 and 10 team leagues, we have six teams make the playoffs. It's a 13 week regular season. Playoffs/championship are weeks 14-16. First place regular season gets a bye in week 14.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 21, 2005 -> 08:41 AM)

We have a 12-team league where 6 teams make the playoffs. (3 "division" winners and 3 wild cards.) Would I structure my league's playoffs the way yours did? Probably not.

However, if the rules for playoff seedings were announced at the beginning of the year, and all teams abided by them, then he has no grounds to complain.

There was no surprises, the playoff system is there for anyone to see. The bottom line in my league is that it was about fun. There is no pot for the league winner, and this guy already won the only awards that my league had to offer. I had an 8 team playoff because it was about playing for a few more weeks. And I think this has to do with the fact that he lost more than anything. This was an 11-3 #1 seed losing to a 6-8 #8 seed.