HOWARD STERN....

MurcieOne

Im starting this thread a day early, because Howard Stern has made a major impact on my young life (20 is a couple months away). He's going to Sirius, and after i activate my reciever i will be going with him (its kinda gay to say it that way... but i idolize the guy and its how i feel....)

He has been a major factor in the way my peronality has molded (read some of my posts) and has made my morning drive a pleasure for years. (my dad let me listen to him before i was old enough to drive)

Whoever is a Stern Fan on this board, will most likely agree with me, and i hope that they wont hesitate to post some of their favorite moments......

Here's Mine:

Howard had admitted to having cyber sex way back when the internet had just begun... he bravely invites one of his cyber companions to the show, swearing she must be so f***ing hot because of the way she can type sexually explicit comments online... well she comes in and she is this housewife that while attractive is well just kind of a normal looking woman... he still calls her "baby" and "honey" and tells his audience that they dont understand the love they share (sarcastically of course)

It was a moment where he totally allowed us into something taboo at the time (still f***ing disgusting in my eyes) and something very personal that i hope no one else would want to admit to.... i laughed my ass off and still do to this day.

again, if ur a stern fan (most probably older than myself) please post ur favorite memories. Steff i know your one, and i hope that you have a few to share.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh.. I have a list a mile long. I was LMAO this morning at Jackie.

One of my recent fav's is a clip of a news woman crushing grapes.. she goes to step out of the barrell.. and she falls and makes these crazy hysterical noises..

"ow, ugh, oo, ooooo, ahh, oww, ugghh, eek... ect, etc.."

For a good 2 minutes. She was ok.. my car was nearly in a ditch on 55 from laughing so hard..

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 08:21 AM)
Ohh.. I have a list a mile long. I was LMAO this morning at Jackie.

One of my recent fav's is a clip of a news woman crushing grapes.. she goes to step out of the barrell.. and she falls and makes these crazy hysterical noises..

"ow, ugh, oo, ooooo, ahh, oww, ugghh, eek... ect, etc.."

For a good 2 minutes. She was ok.. my car was nearly in a ditch on 55 from laughing so hard..

I love when they splice Geroge Takei clips (Mr. Sulu) "young wet b****es" etc...

The Sulu Dance song parody makes me fall over and die.

The Beetle Juice song is amazing, and the version Staind performed of it... even better.

I also loved hearing the old crew back together this morning.

My favorite moments, and I know I speak for my wife also, were the times during the "Magic Johnson Show".

Magic's show was god-awful and Howard spent at least an hour every day dissecting it and tearing into him. It was gold!

Then Magic invited him on the show and Howard had his "band" play the song "Wipe-out" with a couple professional farters.

Great stuff!

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 09:00 AM)
Was just looking at the Sirius website out of curiousity. Is there a reciever you can take with you anywhere, like a walkman, or does it always have to be in your house or in your car permanently?

They currently don't offer a portable one like XM does. But they plan to soon. They have one that you can take from the car to home though.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 08:39 AM)
I also loved hearing the old crew back together this morning.

My favorite moments, and I know I speak for my wife also, were the times during the "Magic Johnson Show".

Magic's show was god-awful and Howard spent at least an hour every day dissecting it and tearing into him. It was gold!

Then Magic invited him on the show and Howard had his "band" play the song "Wipe-out" with a couple professional farters.

Great stuff!

I remember that actually... howard goes on "the magic hour" and a large black man stands up to ask a question and starts ripping into Howard about the way he treats Magic, and he starts to hide behind Robin.

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 09:16 AM)
Where...? I just bought one and I'll take it back and get that one instead.

I see some that are expensive but not sure if they are the right ones. Do the "Sportster" models only get the sports channels or do those get all the stations as well? Can you tell I'm clueless at this stuff.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 09:17 AM)
Since it is being discussed here... which do you prefer the XM or Sirius?? I am looking at buying one and am not sure which to go with....

Sirius has all the NFL games, and Howard Stern... i wanna say XM got the MLB...

I obviously got Sirius specifically for stern... but XM currently has more subscribers.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 09:19 AM)

From reading the description, it looks as if that is kind of like an IPod where you record shows and listen to them on there along with MP3's. For $329, I'd like to think you could listen to live broadcasts with it but doesn't explain.

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 09:19 AM)
I see some that are expensive but not sure if they are the right ones. Do the "Sportster" models only get the sports channels or do those get all the stations as well? Can you tell I'm clueless at this stuff.

No no no, basically you get a reciever and a subscription to every channel its about 13 bucks a month or about 500 bucks for a lifetime subscription.

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 09:21 AM)
From reading the description, it looks as if that is kind of like an IPod where you record shows and listen to them on there along with MP3's. For $329, I'd like to think you could listen to live broadcasts with it but doesn't explain.

good point, im not sure what to think either... i think you may be right though... kind of a waste if u cant listen live as u go.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 09:22 AM)
good point, im not sure what to think either... i think you may be right though... kind of a waste if u cant listen live as u go.

I think he is. I specifically asked for a portable one.. and both Best Buy and the Sirus site don't offer one.. :huh