HOWARD STERN....

MurcieOne

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)
Oh, it doesn't get the signal unless its plugged in or something?  That is dumb.  I'm not an mp3 person, so this would be of no interest to me, especially at this price.

That's what I am trying to find out. No one can tell me if it's portable like XM.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 01:26 PM)
"This handheld, portable radio lets you listen and record your favorite Sirius radio programs on the go. You can even download your favorite MP3s for even more listening enjoyment."

If this doesn't get the signal on the go, this is false advertising.

If you can get a definite answer on this thing please post it.. I'm getting pissed at these idiots that work at BB, and CC.. :angry:

this was back when stern had the old t.v. show on channell 66... which i think became 26....

it was "stern illustrated" i wanna say... and hes taking picture of girls, on these really cheesy sets.

One Girl comes up and with a thick accent goes "I love you HOW-AR" (doesnt pronounce the D)

Howard replies "HOW-AR? baby, didnt u hear? if can't prounouce Howard you get deported"

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 05:03 PM)
I thought Howards speech was kind of repetitive, but it got a reaction none the less. I noticed the dump button being pushed many a times during his speech.

They dumped on all of their speeches at least once. Artie..Robin...even Fred got dumped once. i was beginning to wonder if some of them were more satellite interference than actually dumps.

it was a good listen as a long time Stern fan.

Howard lost it a little for me (trust me, I still like him and while I don't have Sirius right now I know I will get it eventually) when there were too many "yes" men around him

The thing I remember most is about 1-2 years ago Howard kept saying how much he liked this "new" Adam Sandler CD and some bits on it. When he finally played it he played "Tollboth Willie" which was about 10 years old at the time, and all his staff, KC, Fred, Benjy, Babba Booey, were all saying how funny it was. Know come on, one of those people had to know, or at least got a phone call, to say how old that was.

Also, Benjy Bronk (sp?) is horrible. He's not funny at all. He does the "over-the-top" act which isn't funny, only uncomfortable to watch. When they had the staff dress in drag for a beauty contest he did some ridiculous character that ruined the bit when he was on.

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServe...d=1130363753674

The latest in Satellite Radio technology combines live reception within the home, car, or office with a portable player which boasts a full color screen and over 50 hours of content storage. Add your favorite MP3’s to recorded exclusive content from Sirius for personalized play lists with the PC Software.

When placed in a powered dock with an antenna, the Sirius S50 recieves live broadcasts from Sirius Radio and records content for playback in the home, car or when portable.

They sure have tricky wording, I'm still not even positive, but it seems like you can't just take it everywhere and listen live

Edited by 3 BeWareTheNewSox 5

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 03:17 PM)
http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServe...d=1130363753674

They sure have tricky wording, I'm still not even positive, but it seems like you can't just take it everywhere and listen live

Yea.. I think that's the one I have. I'd love a truly portable one like XM.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 03:58 PM)
I gave it a listen to see what the commotion was about...wasn't really impressed.

I guess you would have to be a longtime fan to truly appreciate it.

Same reaction from a few folks in the office who have only been listening a couple years. They had no idea who Hank was, the history with Sam & Jessica, or the big deal over Tiny Tim...

I probably would have felt the same way had I not been listening for the last decade or so.. :lol:

Since the XM My Fi portable antenna they give you with the product sucks, I've been doing some research and have heard this could be the latest and the greatest for portable reception:

http://www.xmfanstore.com/showproduct.php?id=clipxt

I may try this soon as its gotten some good reviews on this site.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 05:57 PM)
Since the XM My Fi portable antenna they give you with the product sucks, I've been doing some research and have heard this could be the latest and the greatest for portable reception:

http://www.xmfanstore.com/showproduct.php?id=clipxt

I may try this soon as its gotten some good reviews on this site.

Ya know.. I've had nothing but good luck with that little antenna thing. I have to admit, I was surprised though. I thought it would suck also.