My First Time of the Year

Texsox

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 09:35 PM)
I don't get the thread title.  I tuned in thinking I was going to get a tale on how you lost your virginity.  Oh well.

A really tall glass of cold, just-squeezed orange juice is just sinful.  I could drink it every day.

that was the first thing that popped into my head too. Id rather have a foot of snow than and orange tree in my backyard anyday though. Nice to hear that the tree worked out well for you! :cheers

This is our first year in a new house with three orange trees and one grapefruit tree in the yard. The orange trees are young and only put out a couple of runty fruits, but the grapefruit tree's branches are sagging with good looking big-ass grapefruit. :headbang

I tried one for the first time last week and it was just a little tart. I'm hoping we get a couple of good frosts over the next two weeks or so because ironically that really sweetens up the citrus.

We also have a banana plant that failed to mast. Hopefully next year.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 01:00 AM)
This is our first year in a new house with three orange trees and one grapefruit tree in the yard.  The orange trees are young and only put out a couple of runty fruits, but the grapefruit tree's branches are sagging with good looking big-ass grapefruit.  :headbang

I tried one for the first time last week and it was just a little tart.  I'm hoping we get a couple of good frosts over the next two weeks or so because ironically that really sweetens up the citrus.

We also have a banana plant that failed to mast.  Hopefully next year.

This is year eight for this tree, so it is hitting it's prime. Last year was good, but not great. This year they look and taste great. Now, in about 6-8 weeks, I will be the insane neighbor with yet another basket of fruit trying to give it away.

I swap oranges for grapefruits with a neighbor. He's got a couple awesome Ruby Red trees that he pampers all year, watching over each piece of fruit like it was silver.

And just for Mercy!, All I remember about my first time was I was very scared, in the dark, all alone, clumsy, immature technique, about the same as today.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
I love beating the snot out of uppity texans.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 02:00 AM)
This is our first year in a new house with three orange trees and one grapefruit tree in the yard.  The orange trees are young and only put out a couple of runty fruits, but the grapefruit tree's branches are sagging with good looking big-ass grapefruit.  :headbang

I tried one for the first time last week and it was just a little tart.  I'm hoping we get a couple of good frosts over the next two weeks or so because ironically that really sweetens up the citrus.

We also have a banana plant that failed to mast.  Hopefully next year.

Uppity Floridians too. :fight

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 06:58 AM)
Uppity Floridians too. :fight

Be nice or we will send back all the old people who wound up down here and there. They can clog your roads, make going out for breakfast impossible, and yell at you to stay off the grass