Possible Garland and Uribe

Sonik22

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 11:55 PM)
Anyone think there'd be a chance of replacing Uribe with Crede instead?  I just like what Uribe brings, and also the fact that he dumped Boras to stay here.

If we're talking about a trade to the O's, no. They have a great thrird baseman in Mora and it would leave them without a SS.

QUOTE(bmags @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 11:16 AM)
yeah, averaging 107 rbis a year sucks!

i think we should stop wasting time on this pipe dream, he doesn't even want to be traded

I think the O's are spinning things that way to get more for him. I think he wants out and will be traded before opening day.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
I think the O's are spinning things that way to get more for him.  I think he wants out and will be traded before opening day.

but it wasn't the O's it was Ramon Hernandez who said he didn't want to be traded

QUOTE(bmags @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
yeah, averaging 107 rbis a year sucks!

i think we should stop wasting time on this pipe dream, he doesn't even want to be traded

Did I say that sucks??? Averaging 107 rbi a year vs averaging 130 rbi year is a HUGE difference. That's all I was saying.

QUOTE(bmags @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)
i think theres a bit of a difference between the O's (whom i'd consider to be someone from the front office) and the players.

Point taken. Now then, if you had just signed a multiyear contract with the O's, would you want to see Tejada traded?

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
Point taken.  Now then, if you had just signed a multiyear contract with the O's, would you want to see Tejada traded?

haha, no no, but still, i don't think he'd lie and say "when he talked to me he said he wanted to stay" when tejada could easily dispute that

QUOTE(valponick @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 11:21 AM)
Did I say that sucks???  Averaging 107 rbi a year vs averaging 130 rbi year is a HUGE difference.  That's all I was saying.

You can't just remove a season from consideration when tabulating averages, that's horses***.

He averages

114 RBI

29 HR

.285 avg

37 2B

101 R

116 OPS+

That is sick.

QUOTE(bmags @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 11:52 AM)
haha, no no, but still, i don't think he'd lie and say "when he talked to me he said he wanted to stay" when tejada could easily dispute that

What if Tejada said that he wanted to stay if this and if that. Then you could say Tejada said he wanted to stay.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 05:55 PM)
What if Tejada said  that he wanted to stay if this and if that.  Then you could say Tejada said he wanted to stay.

sure yes, tea and cake, i realize this is all fun off season speculation, but i don't think that the orioles would WANT to trade the best SS in the game right now unless he threatens not to play, and from the sounds of it, he was just saying he wants to win. Now i realize they need pitching, but they also need marketing and such and such and angelos is a bottom line type o fella and with the nationals looking better and better, he might be worried about losing some of the marketability, scumbag he is.

So all i'm saying, is compared to other trades, this really seems crackpot to me at the time. Although i was a part of chaveztalk.com

QUOTE(bmags @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
sure yes, tea and cake, i realize this is all fun off season speculation, but i don't think that the orioles would WANT to trade the best SS in the game right now unless he threatens not to play, and from the sounds of it, he was just saying he wants to win. Now i realize they need pitching, but they also need marketing and such and such and angelos is a bottom line type o fella and with the nationals looking better and better, he might be worried about losing some of the marketability, scumbag he is.

So all i'm saying, is compared to other trades, this really seems crackpot to me at the time. Although i was a part of chaveztalk.com

And with that, your credibilty is shot.

;)

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
And with that, your credibilty is shot.

;)

hahaha, don't i know it...but i've Matured! i think. Ahh well, i guess we'll see if i laugh at the next potty joke made...

I'll get back to you on that yas

Not sure if this is relevant to any of you, but I heard a guy on the radio the other day and I forget who it was....but he was adamant that what brought on this whole Tejada trade thing was the O's going out and getting Hernandez. He said that Tejada told the O's if you go out and sign him, I'm gone.

I guess they were great friends when they were both on Oakland....I think they're godfather to each others kids or something, but then they had a major falling out. He said there's serious bad blood between them, and Tejada requested they not sign Hernandez and the O's went and did it anyway.

Take it for what's it worth...

Maybe they reconciled now....who knows...or maybe there's still the bad blood and they're covering it up so it doesn't hurt trade negotiations.

QUOTE(drowninginflame @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 06:42 PM)
Looking @ the resviour bear sig makes my head hurt.

the sunglasses look so bad

yeah i used to make sigs a lot that looked purposefully bad, but then i got bored with it, and frankly i don't care about sigs anymore. I keep this just cause its easy for me to identify... Clearly by the oversized heads you should've realized it was a joke, and the uneven painted colors in the background...ahh, i should show you my old tillman one, i wonder if its lost

haha...i don't think its gonna happen either. but if it did, imagine;

pods

iguchi

tejada

konerko

thome

dye

aj

crede

anderson

if anderson just hits .290 with 20 steals, 15 hrs, our lineup would be STACKED. coupled with the pitching, and ON PAPER, we should win 110+ games. again, just ON PAPER.

QUOTE(juevos @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 01:08 PM)
haha...i don't think its gonna happen either.  but if it did, imagine;

pods

iguchi

tejada

konerko

thome

dye

aj

crede

anderson

if anderson just hits .290 with 20 steals, 15 hrs, our lineup would be STACKED.  coupled with the pitching, and ON PAPER, we should win 110+ games.  again, just ON PAPER.

Only .290? Not gonna happen. BA has never stolen more than 10 bases in any given season in the minors and 17 in college, he may have decent speed but he doesn't steal bases regularly.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 01:10 PM)
Only .290? Not gonna happen. BA has never stolen more than 10 bases in any given season in the minors and 17 in college, he may have decent speed but he doesn't steal bases regularly.

He's got tremendous speed actually but you're correct he's not a base stealer as of right now.

EDIT: By the way, I agree with the line in your sig 100 percent. That joke is the most over done thing ever, here.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 01:11 PM)
He's got tremendous speed actually but you're correct he's not a  base stealer as of right now.

EDIT: By the way, I agree with the line in your sig 100 percent.  That joke is the most over done thing ever, here.

Of course you agree as should everyone. The next person to make a Carl Everett trade joke should be banned.