Is Anyone going to Volunteer

Sox1422

Guest hotsoxchick1
I just got an email from my season ticket sales person about volunteering for the All-Star festivities.  Is anyone going to do this?

NO.......AND HELL NO..............ITS NOT WHAT YOU THINK.............ask brewers fans what they had to do last year.........lol........

Guest hotsoxchick1

well if your lucky youll get to be one of the many added ushers, lot attendants or a person who carries a flag or something during the opening hoopla...if your not lucky...youll end up with the empty the garbage detail and other assorted fun things like that..............take your chances... i prefer to watch the game instead of working during it, doing those assorted chores.........if you are working then someone else is enjoying your seats.......... ;) mlb's funny way of getting your seats back for resale...........

I just got an email from my season ticket sales person about volunteering for the All-Star festivities.  Is anyone going to do this?

Oh God NO!! Unless you know someone you will get stuck refilling TP or emptying trash in the bathrooms!

well if your lucky youll get to be one of the many added ushers, lot attendants or a person who carries a flag or something during the opening hoopla...if your not lucky...youll end up with  the empty the garbage detail and other assorted fun things like that..............take your chances... i prefer to watch the game instead of working during it, doing those assorted chores.........if you are working then someone else is enjoying your seats.......... ;) mlb's funny way of getting your seats back for resale...........

So some of the jobs do involve things at the all star game itself? If I don't get lucky in the lottery, I might try this.

Guest hotsoxchick1
So some of the jobs do involve things at the all star game itself?  If I don't get lucky in the lottery, I might try this.

youll have to know or get very lucky to get an all star job.....i can almost guarentee ya if your not a family member of someone who sponsors mlb youll be stuck picking up trash and reloading t.p. in the rest rooms......... :D

So some of the jobs do involve things at the all star game itself?  If I don't get lucky in the lottery, I might try this.

Some do. But most of them are given to the kids of people somehow affiliated with the Sox or friends of people who work for the Sox. Even looooooooooooong time season ticket holders get screwed. An agent of ours who has had Brewers tickets for.. ever... they promised his kids (14 and 17) would get to do something cool.. one got to stand outside and direct traffic and the other got to deliver hot dogs to the stands. Real fun.

youll have to know or get very lucky to get an all star job.....i can almost guarentee ya if your not a family member of someone who sponsors mlb youll be stuck picking up trash and reloading t.p. in the rest rooms......... :D

Can't I just say I know you and Steff? Oh wait then I will emptying trash for sure! :D :P :o ;) :) :bang :lolhitting