Who do you want to claim the last bench spot?

maggsmaggs

Who do you want to claim the last bench spot?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to claim the last bench spot?

• Joe Borchard (OF)
    • Jerry Owens (OF)
    • Jeff Davanon (OF)
    • Willie Harris (INF/CF)
    • Ross Gload (1b/LF/RF)
    • Timo Perez (OF)
    • Other

I would say Borch, I think he would be the least likely to complain about the playing time. He is a good character guy and I think Ozzie would love his attitude and work ethic. He is a switch hitter who can provide power off the bench. Although he k's a ton, he can walk. Owens needs time in AAA. Although, I like Davanon, but I think Borch would be the best.

I can't answer that question now. We have no idea what the final part of the roster looks like. I'd need to know who our 5 starters are and who we were carrying in the pen (and how many pitchers we were carrying).

Plus we have no idea whether Timo or Willie or Gload will be back, so no point in even offering up a guess at this point.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 17, 2005 -> 01:05 PM)
I can't answer that question now.  We have no idea what the final part of the roster looks like.  I'd need to know who our 5 starters are and who we were carrying in the pen (and how many pitchers we were carrying).

Plus we have no idea whether Timo or Willie or Gload will be back, so no point in even offering up a guess at this point.

I totally agree.

QUOTE(Pierzynski 12 @ Dec 17, 2005 -> 01:32 PM)
I think Jeff DaVanon,but we haven't even signed him to include him for the bench or i might be wrong.

Nope. We haven't.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Dec 17, 2005 -> 06:51 PM)
I chose Willie because of that base hit he got in the Series.

Are you going around to all the threads and basically posting the same lets keep this guy because he helped us win a championship line? I think I counted 3 of those in trade winds and now the first thread I looked at in Pale Hose is the same kind of garbage. Joe Crede is not going to become Brooks Robinson/Ventura, Willie Harris is useless on the bench as solely a 2B/CF backup with Mack and Ozuna on the bench, and we will not have the money to resign garland to a 5/60 deal that he will command in the offseason. There, I said it, now absorb, let it sink in a little bit, and realize the reality of the situation. Alright, I'm done now.

QUOTE(Felix @ Dec 18, 2005 -> 01:44 AM)
I would want to see just about anyone other than Owens.  I don't want to see his development hindered by sitting on the bench the whole year when he could be starting in AAA.

The way Ozzie uses his bench, Owens would get plenty of starts. As long as it's not Timo, I'll be happy.

Losing Harris' glove, speed and obp. wouldn't be a good thing. If Pods goes down, you could consider moving Harris to CF and Anderson to LF or RF.

I'm not confident that Pods can return to his SB form.

Willie in CF? Uhhh, no thanks. Anderson would stay in CF and Mackowiak would play LF if Podsednik got injured.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 17, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
Willie in CF?  Uhhh, no thanks.  Anderson would stay in CF and Mackowiak would play LF if Podsednik got injured.

With the leadoff hitter being . . . . I really think the last guy off the bench will be a speedy outfielder who can play all 3 spots. As of now do we have a backup RF? Can Mack play RF? BA play RF with Mack in CF? I really dont know