Falcons @ Bears

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 18, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)
I think that little stat showed how some of you guys have been wayyyyyy to hard on Orton.  That's all I have to say. :)

No one realizes this, but considering the fact that Orton is a rookie, and playing in Chicago, where the wind is heavy and the weather is cold, he's not done that badly.

Too many people got spoiled with Big Ben last year..

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 18, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)
How'd that one work out for you? :D

Was in Chicago from Sept. 17th to Oct. 15th, back to my old hometown for the first time in 26 years.......An old childhood buddy of mine does security work for all Bears and Sox home games, got me into Soldier Field for free, as well as all 3 Sox-Indians games, and game 1 of the ALCS, all at the club level :headbang ........Too bad the Bears lost that one..........:(

:cheers

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 18, 2005 -> 09:10 PM)
Whatd I miss now

Comparing his qb rating to some of the all time greats their rookie seasons. Fouts, Elway, Manning, and there were a few more I forgot. Orton had a better qb rating then all of them outside of Manning who had a 71 qb rating his first year while Orton has a 69 qb rating. I know it's hard for you guys cause you're in the middle of a playoff chase but it's just unrealistic to expect a rookie qb to be even good in his first year, it almost never happens.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 18, 2005 -> 07:13 PM)
Comparing his qb rating to some of the all time greats their rookie seasons.  Fouts, Elway, Manning, and there were a few more I forgot.  Orton had a better qb rating then all of them outside of Manning who had a 71 qb rating his first year while Orton has a 69 qb rating.  I know it's hard for you guys cause you're in the middle of a playoff chase but it's just unrealistic to expect a rookie qb to be even good in his first year, it almost never happens.

Thats what I keep saying. I think we have our QB of the present and future on the roster right now and I tend to think that guy is the starter (although Grossman could very well be it, cause they both have the tools).

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 18, 2005 -> 09:13 PM)
Comparing his qb rating to some of the all time greats their rookie seasons.  Fouts, Elway, Manning, and there were a few more I forgot.  Orton had a better qb rating then all of them outside of Manning who had a 71 qb rating his first year while Orton has a 69 qb rating.  I know it's hard for you guys cause you're in the middle of a playoff chase but it's just unrealistic to expect a rookie qb to be even good in his first year, it almost never happens.

I'm not expecting good, I'm expecting not complete dick sucking. Maybe find the occasional wide open WR in the end zone?

Also Orton's QB rating was 60 before tonight's awful performance

Edited by WHarris1