Kyle Orton out for the season.....

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)
In The Detriot game Orton look like manning what is your point?

Maybe he looked like Manning playing drunk, high, blindfolded, and with his right arm and leg behind his back. I'm not sure what game you were watching...

QUOTE(Wedge @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 10:46 PM)
Maybe he looked like Manning playing drunk, high, blindfolded, and with his right arm and leg behind his back. I'm not sure what game you were watching...

I wouldn't say he played like Manning in those 2 games, but at least he had a positive impact on those games, unlike...basically every other game he's played in.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 03:57 AM)
I wouldn't say he played like Manning in those 2 games, but at least he had a positive impact on those games, unlike...basically every other game he's played in.

Orton played passable those 2 Detroit games id say he looked more like Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson in those games while he has been complete dog s*** all the other games.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
Orton played passable those 2 Detroit games id say he looked more like Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson in those games while he has been complete dog s*** all the other games.

now that I think about it...I can't remember if this was a Bears game I was watching (I've been in the St. Louis market, and I'm too tired/lazy to check, or maybe it was the Thanksgiving game, once again, tired, so I can't remember or type coherent, thought-out sentences), but I remember Dre Bly would have had a number of interceptions had he not been playing with a cast on his right hand, as it was basically a club.

...now that I think about it, it was the Thanksgiving game. but I'm sure there were a number of dropped interceptions in any Orton start. either way, disregard my previous statement.

Edited by AirScott

Is Millen really that bad? He's brought in some decent talent to that team. I suspect it has more to do with coaching and that Mooch repeatedly threw Harrington under the bus rather than supporting him, which affected team morale. When we beat them in Game 2, they looked like a team that was totally splintering.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 01:11 PM)
Is Millen really that bad? He's brought in some decent talent to that team. I suspect it has more to do with coaching and that Mooch repeatedly threw Harrington under the bus rather than supporting him, which affected team morale. When we beat them in Game 2, they looked like a team that was totally splintering.

Decent talent like............

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 01:34 PM)
Decent talent like............

Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Kevin Jones, Roy Williams, Dre Bly. I'd even say Harrington is pretty good. Those guys are pretty good. I think you'd be surprised at just how fast a good to great coach could turn that team around. There is definitely some talent on that roster that has underachieved.

How can anyone say anything bad about Orton or Grossman? Orton helped this team win 9 of 10 (if you include the start Sunday night, which, even tho he sucked, we were still winning 6-3 at halftime). I mean, c'mon, rookie QB get's thrown into the fire. I think he held his own pretty good.

And as for Grossman, the book is still out on him. Both injuries were freak injuries, so I don't count those against him, yet. One more like that and I will begin to wonder. This team lost confidence in their QB and yet are still 10-4...that' pretty f'in amazing.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Kevin Jones, Roy Williams, Dre Bly. I'd even say Harrington is pretty good. Those guys are pretty good. I think you'd be surprised at just how fast a good to great coach could turn that team around. There is definitely some talent on that roster that has underachieved.

Y-yeah...um, having drafted a receiver with the first pick three years in a row is why this team sucks. on first look, you'd think this would make it easier for Joey Harrington. but think a little more, and if he had used 2 of those picks anywhere on defense (they're weak everywhere) and improved the defense a little more, it would make it easier on Joey Harrington not having to play from behind all the time.

even further, maybe all the pressure of having to perform well with 3 first round picks at receiver got to Harrington, too. but I'm leaning towards my first thought.

Edited by AirScott

QUOTE(Wedge @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)

Wow, those are some seriously productive players........Kind of like David Terrell

QUOTE(AirScott @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
Y-yeah...um, having drafted a receiver with the first pick three years in a row is why this team sucks.  on first look, you'd think this would make it easier for Joey Harrington.  but think a little more, and if he had used 2 of those picks anywhere on defense (they're weak everywhere) and improved the defense a little more, it would make it easier on Joey Harrington not having to play from behind all the time.

even further, maybe all the pressure of having to perform well with 3 first round picks at receiver got to Harrington, too.  but I'm leaning towards my first thought.

Rogers is gone after this year. Harrington is a victim of something I call Heisman Flu. He believed the hype (as did the Lions) about how good he was. He's a servicable QB on a better team...just not that team.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 02:38 PM)
How can anyone say anything bad about Orton or Grossman?  Orton helped this team win 9 of 10 (if you include the start Sunday night, which, even tho he sucked, we were still winning 6-3 at halftime).  I mean, c'mon, rookie QB get's thrown into the fire.  I think he held his own pretty good.

And as for Grossman, the book is still out on him.  Both injuries were freak injuries, so I don't count those against him, yet.  One more like that and I will begin to wonder.  This team lost confidence in their QB and yet are still 10-4...that' pretty f'in amazing.

Dude, they won in spite of Orton not because of him.